Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

It’s going to be an intimidating spectacle for the opposition. And perhaps even more so given the excitement around our first competitive game of the season and our first ever competitive game of the Gerrard era.

I’m looking to take at least 3 off them with no reply. Don’t want a nerve wracking away leg.

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It’s going to be an intimidating spectacle for the opposition. 

It isn't.  Teams from that part of the world aren't remotely intimidated by British crowds due to the sterile atmosphere at all-seater stadiums.  Usually, they really enjoy it.

There's very rarely an intimidating atmosphere at Ibrox nowadays.  Last match I can remember with an electric atmosphere was the Hibs, evening play-off match.  Most of us hadn't heard of Shkupi a few weeks ago, so there'll be a sing song at the start and that'll be that.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

No 'sing song' will electrify me at a match. 

I feel sorry for you.

But we're talking about players being intimidated here.  Foreign players haven't been intimidated at British stadiums for 20 odd years.

I feel sorry for you if you think a 'sing song' ever intimidated anybody. The only thing that can is a large roaring crowd and it's irrelevant whether they're sitting or standing.

If you doubt that then you're entitled to your opinion but as an aside to mention of standing again an electrifying attacking performance gets people on their feet as well as roaring.

No rendition of penny serenade will.

I'm not sure fans intimidate the opposition much? teams that are used to big crowds anyway, most players get a lift from a good atmosphere, but I do believe the fans can inspire the home team