Jump to content

 

 

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aberdeen haven't finished below us for nearly a decade.  We have no room to gloat, as things stand. 

Well, seven years, one of which was our meltdown season and another four of which we weren’t even in the same league. 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Humble in the face of a bleating sheep that's forgotten it's natural place in the hierarchy? Never!

 

And half way through last season there came a period when everything clicked for a while and it seemed they would indeed be put in their place but it all fell apart.

 

And what do I have to fear from a flock of sheep who despite the fact we had such a 'bad' season still only manged to finish 3 points ahead of us and could have finished behind us right at the end if not for a suspicious bookie busting result on the last day.

 

We have a true professional in place now who wont tolerate the inconsistency and lack lustre performances against also rans.  They will be put in their place and assertions that we have a job on our hands to overtake them are literally sheep brained.

 

Their real target is competing with hubz and hearts not us.

 

 

So let me get this straight... you refuse to be humble because the sheep "bleat" (which in essence means they are gloating).  So you refuse to be humble (stop gloating) because they are gloating.  Sounds all very childish to me.  Besides, they have reason to "bleat".  As Gonzo said, we haven't finished above them in the league since 2012 so 6 seasons, 2 of them when we were in direct competition with them.

 

It wasn't just halfway through last season though, was it JFK.  You have been banging on about it since we returned to the top flight.  "We will put them in their place" and "natural order will be restored" - heck, when they finished above us last season you still tried to justify we were actually second best in the league by talking about dropped points that shouldn't have been dropped (every team can do that you know....).  Even now.... you almost refuse to accept that they finished second and lay it all on us "falling apart".  We finished third behind Aberdeen.  That is the brutal reality.  Nothing else really matters.

 

Nobody says you have anything to fear.  We shouldn't.  We should be ahead of Aberdeen... but we haven't been.  And even now you justify your position with "well, we had a bad year and only finished 3 points behind them".  In 10 years time that analogy will be irrelevant - the league table will show that we finished below Aberdeen, nothing more or less.  In fact, it is incredibly sad that we need Celtic to get a result to allow us to finish second in the league.  If we were that much better than Aberdeen then we would not have needed any help in the final day of the season.

 

We haven't a clue how Gerrard will make out.  Are you trying to say McCoist wasn't a true professional ?  When he played he gave his all each and every time he stepped on the pitch, same as Gerrard.  Still wasn't good enough to be Rangers manager though.... you are using an awful amount of supposition.

 

Again, nobody is saying that we have a job on our hands to overtake Aberdeen.  Not on here anyway.  Perhaps on Aberdeen fan forums but that is their prerogative.  You are seeing something that literally isn't there.

 

As I said at the outset, your obseesion with them is bordering on unhealthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I am still shocked Aberdeen managed to cling on to second spot, despite beating them 3 times and drawing once.

 

 

We weren't consistent enough against the weaker teams.  It wasn't as surprising as one would think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darthter said:

Based on the last 2 seasons final standings....that "natural place" is above us!!!!

 

While the main thrust of the focus is challenging Ceptic, we simply can't just brush the other teams aside.  We SHOULD be beating them comfortably, but we haven't done it consistently enough. 

That's not their natural place it's a temporary anomaly. We've been like a wounded lion the sheep who would typically be caught can get away from. Our wounds are close to healing which will restore the real natural order.

 

You can't say that the natural place of the sheep is above us when they're a club who haven't won a title in over 30 years while we won over 4 times as many titles in that period alone as they have won in their entire history.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, craig said:

So let me get this straight... you refuse to be humble because the sheep "bleat" (which in essence means they are gloating).  So you refuse to be humble (stop gloating) because they are gloating.  Sounds all very childish to me.  Besides, they have reason to "bleat".  As Gonzo said, we haven't finished above them in the league since 2012 so 6 seasons, 2 of them when we were in direct competition with them.

 

It wasn't just halfway through last season though, was it JFK.  You have been banging on about it since we returned to the top flight.  "We will put them in their place" and "natural order will be restored" - heck, when they finished above us last season you still tried to justify we were actually second best in the league by talking about dropped points that shouldn't have been dropped (every team can do that you know....).  Even now.... you almost refuse to accept that they finished second and lay it all on us "falling apart".  We finished third behind Aberdeen.  That is the brutal reality.  Nothing else really matters.

 

Nobody says you have anything to fear.  We shouldn't.  We should be ahead of Aberdeen... but we haven't been.  And even now you justify your position with "well, we had a bad year and only finished 3 points behind them".  In 10 years time that analogy will be irrelevant - the league table will show that we finished below Aberdeen, nothing more or less.  In fact, it is incredibly sad that we need Celtic to get a result to allow us to finish second in the league.  If we were that much better than Aberdeen then we would not have needed any help in the final day of the season.

 

We haven't a clue how Gerrard will make out.  Are you trying to say McCoist wasn't a true professional ?  When he played he gave his all each and every time he stepped on the pitch, same as Gerrard.  Still wasn't good enough to be Rangers manager though.... you are using an awful amount of supposition.

 

Again, nobody is saying that we have a job on our hands to overtake Aberdeen.  Not on here anyway.  Perhaps on Aberdeen fan forums but that is their prerogative.  You are seeing something that literally isn't there.

 

As I said at the outset, your obseesion with them is bordering on unhealthy.

We're talking about the natural order and their natural place is and always has been below us.

Rangers 54 titles sheep 4? That's the natural order.

 

I don't have an obsession with them I have an obsession with Rangers and restoring the natural order. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

That's not their natural place it's a temporary anomaly. We've been like a wounded lion the sheep who would typically be caught can get away from. Our wounds are close to healing which will restore the real natural order.

 

You can't say that the natural place of the sheep is above us when they're a club who haven't won a title in over 30 years while we won over 4 times as many titles in that period alone as they have won in their entire history.

You can't simply ignore the facts right now, based on what has gone on over 30 years.

 

Fact is, the natural order (in recent years) has changed.  We have no right to be the best or 2nd best - those are accolades that are earned by league performance & our league position has as as 3rd best.

 

Of course we will improve, and that improvement was expected last season....but didn't materialise for various reasons.  Will we reclaim top spot, 2nd spot, 3rd spot next season - we will find out next may.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

We're talking about the natural order and their natural place is and always has been below us.

Rangers 54 titles sheep 4? That's the natural order.

 

I don't have an obsession with them I have an obsession with Rangers and restoring the natural order. 

If you don't have an obsession with them why are you on here slating the fact that they have signed someone from Peterbrough ?  I literally couldn't tell you who they have signed and, far less care about who they have signed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it incredibly sad that "natural order" for us these days is to struggle to get above Aberdeen :(

 

Natural order SHOULD BE us as champions and everyone chasing us.

 

In the last two years we have been chasing a shitty Aberdeen side.  But if JFK wants the comfort blanket that "natural order will be restored" (He's said that both of the last two seasons too....) then so be it.

 

The only place it will happen is with results on the pitch.  The league table doesn't lie.  Right now, Aberdeen are a better team than us over the course of a season.  The table doesn't lie.

 

I fully expect that to NOT be the case at the end of the upcoming season.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.