Murty Back With The Youths

Murty's experience will be so beneficial to the youths.  He now really knows what is required to be successful at Rangers and it'll maybe give him a fresh perspective on the work he still has to do with the current crop of younger players.  I'm so pleased he's remaining with the club.

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Will he have respect from the youths after the way he failed to handle the Miller/Wallace fiasco and went running to the directors?

Are you so sure he didn't handle it correctly?

I'm glad he's back to be honest , think a lot of the criticism was way over the top , and had more to do with our own hopes and expectations getting crushed that anything else .

28 minutes ago, onevision said:

Are you so sure he didn't handle it correctly?

What you or I think isn't that important but it seems that the players felt there was a massive over-reaction and that will likely filter down to the youths.

...although is not something that a manager would normally deal with himself?  Surely he has the power to fine players, suspend them, strip the captaincy, get them to train with the reserves etc?

How often did guys like Walter or Ferguson resort to getting the directors involved?

It showed a massive weakness, in my opinion.

He should have walked imo. However, I’m not surprised he is hanging on to his role. Their was presumably no other offers so he will carry on. I don’t think all the youths will respect his authority after what’s happened though.

15 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

He should have walked imo. However, I’m not surprised he is hanging on to his role. Their was presumably no other offers so he will carry on. I don’t think all the youths will respect his authority after what’s happened though.

I think you are being harsh. He made it clear from the beginning he wanted to stay in the youth set up and did us a favour by stepping in when he was needed. Frankly, we owe him