Official: Rangers sign Connor Goldson on a 4 year deal

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Going by the way the Brighton fans have praised him and the fact they're disappointed to lose him, this seems like a key signing for Gerrard.

:)

Norwich fans said the same about Russell Martin :/

7 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Norwich fans said the same about Russell Martin :/

Think it should be acknowledged that Martin is 32 and came to us having played little football in the previous season for one reason and another. Goldson at 25 is coming into his prime and if the Brighton fans are correct could become a major asset.

I see it as a huge loss that we will come to regret. He shows potential to rise to the very top. Today Rangers, tomorrow the world. The sale of Tommy Elphick was regreted when he was playing higher level football than us....

Farewell Connor with my very best wishes.

You didn't rate Alves & Bates ? [emoji23]

Yeah, would be a difficult job to find a better pairing than Barsei & Maldini in the last 50 years, if ever.
I rated Bates. Alves on the other hand...

Gordon Greer backs Connor Goldson to thrive at Rangers this term

GORDON GREER has backed former Brighton team-mate Connor Goldson to thrive at Rangers.

The defender put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal at Ibrox this week.

He will will link-up with Steven Gerrard’s side ahead of their pre-season trip to Spain and Kilmarnock stopper Greer is confident he will be a shrewd signing this term.

"He is big, strong, quick, very good on the ball, and the main thing for me is he wants to keep improving," Greer told BBC Scotland

"The thing that really impressed me most about him was his attitude and his willingness to work and improve.

"When he first came in at Brighton, we were doing well in the Championship, finishing in the top six, getting to the play-offs.

"Connor just knuckled down, worked really hard and I admired that about him because I am similar myself.

"With a lot of players you can spot the talent, but maybe the attitude is not as good. Connor has got the talent but his attitude was so good, his willingness to improve."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/16290941.Gordon_Greer_backs_Connor_Goldson_to_thrive_at_Rangers_this_term/

Just now, ian1964 said:

Gordon Greer backs Connor Goldson to thrive at Rangers this term

GORDON GREER has backed former Brighton team-mate Connor Goldson to thrive at Rangers.

The defender put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal at Ibrox this week.

He will will link-up with Steven Gerrard’s side ahead of their pre-season trip to Spain and Kilmarnock stopper Greer is confident he will be a shrewd signing this term.

"He is big, strong, quick, very good on the ball, and the main thing for me is he wants to keep improving," Greer told BBC Scotland

"The thing that really impressed me most about him was his attitude and his willingness to work and improve.

"When he first came in at Brighton, we were doing well in the Championship, finishing in the top six, getting to the play-offs.

"Connor just knuckled down, worked really hard and I admired that about him because I am similar myself.

"With a lot of players you can spot the talent, but maybe the attitude is not as good. Connor has got the talent but his attitude was so good, his willingness to improve."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/16290941.Gordon_Greer_backs_Connor_Goldson_to_thrive_at_Rangers_this_term/

I must have missed this being announced yesterday.

Looks a decent signing. Must admit I dont know much about him and cant remember if I seen him play on the few occasions I watched a Brighton game last season. Im not a fan of the prices you have to pay to pick up English talent and believe you can get better palyers for less money abroad, but what is clear is there has been a lot of work done by the DoF, incoming manager and Directors at the club to ensure we have a lot of our players bought in time for pre-season. 

The emphasis is obviously to ensure we have no repeat of Progres, and to give us (with a lucky draw) an outside chance to get to the Europa group stage, all before we really start our league campaign in earnest.

Obviously we have to wait and see who fits in, who goes, what system is used etc, but at least we cant claim we havent given this a really good go and backed the new manager with a lot of cash. Well done to the DoF and the money-men at the club so far.