SPL fixtures 2018/19; Aberdeen v Rangers first game

Being published on Friday. Wonder what sort of spanner may be thrown into our works this time round.

A reminder that the fixtures for season 2018/19 will be published at 9.00am this Friday, June 15.

The Ladbrokes Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 all kick off on the weekend of August 4.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/201819-fixtures-two-days-to-go/

We play everyone home and away apart from all the split malarkey.  Rangers should have no fear of any of these teams, at home or away.  Our first game will be away because the champions start at home. 

Making excuses before the fixtures have been drawn is poor.  Let's start winning our league back and leave excuses to the other lot.

Edited by Gonzo79

Was hoping that our first league game of the season would be a home tie. Thought it would be good to see Gerrard's first domestic tie at home. First game last season was away so I was hoping that would mean we'd be at home for the first game this year.

I suppose if they have any sense of financial equity in mind and if we have to be away they might schedule us to be away to a side unlikely to be in the top 6. Give them a chance of two bites at the Rangers pie before the split.

Edited by JFK-1

Nothing about football suggests "financial equity" in 2018.  

I remember laughing, in the past, at Tims whining about fixture conspiracies.  I also remember Souness having a poor start in 1986/87.