The server and site seems fine here like. I did close the forums today for an hour or so and while doing some backups i noticed the stats were pretty good for ping times etc.

Do you just browse the mobile site on mobile chrome?

I predominately access the site from my PC which is running ad blockers and the site is pretty smooth for me. Probably be different from a phone or something since a phone is nothing like as efficient as a PC.

I despise phones actually but pure genius by Steve Jobs. How can I get more people to buy my tablets? I know, shrink it down then simply put a phone app on it and call it a phone. Worked a dream.

I have been working in the phone services industry for the past 18 months or so and that's just part of the reason I despise them. We provide people with phone services, texting and calling, and that's it.

Yes we will sell them a phone too if they don't already have one or want a new one but that's simply a convenience for them to easily get a phone service. We make next to no money on phone sales. A $20 transaction fee on a $1,000 iPhone.

They don't seem to grasp that we're not responsible for every pile of shit they install on that device. If your calling and texting work our job is at an end. It's not our problem if you have a Facebook issue or an issue with any of the millions of other apps out there and we get constant grief with that stuff.

If you go out and buy a PC then take it home and your Facebook isn't working or you don't know how to use Nero burning software does that mean you then haul the PC back to PC world and tell them this PC isn't working? Of course not but these simpletons think that's a valid reason to come complaining about a phone and that we should be fixing it.

They also do things like forget their Apple password and become angry when we can't do anything about that. "But I got the phone here."

Really? I got my washing machine at Currys. Do you think I can take it back there to get the salesman to fix any issue I have with it? Does the salesman at the car dealership know how to fix any problem I have with that car?

They put a password on the phone itself then forget it and can't get into the phone at all. So they come to us thinking we should fix that.

What am I? Super password cracker? The FBI couldn't get into a terrorists passworded iPhone and you think I can and should because you bought it from us you dimwit?

The disconnect is daily, mind boggling, and frustrating.

Edited by JFK-1

I have been working in the phone services industry for the past 18 months or so and that's just part of the reason I despise them. We provide people with phone services, texting and calling, and that's it.

Yes we will sell them a phone too if they don't already have one or want a new one but that's simply a convenience for them to easily get a phone service. We make next to no money on phone sales. A $20 transaction fee on a $1,000 iPhone.

They don't seem to grasp that we're not responsible for every pile of shit they install on that device. If your calling and texting work our job is at an end. It's not our problem if you have a Facebook issue or an issue with any of the millions of other apps out there and we get constant grief with that stuff.

If you go out and buy a PC then take it home and your Facebook isn't working or you don't know how to use Nero burning software does that mean you then haul the PC back to PC world and tell them this PC isn't working? Of course not but these simpletons think that's a valid reason to come complaining about a phone and that we should be fixing it.

They also do things like forget their Apple password and become angry when we can't do anything about that. "But I got the phone here."

Really? I got my washing machine at Currys. Do you think I can take it back there to get the salesman to fix any issue I have with it? Does the salesman at the car dealership know how to fix any problem I have with that car?

They put a password on the phone itself then forget it and can't get into the phone at all. So they come to us thinking we should fix that.

What am I? Super password cracker? The FBI couldn't get into a terrorists passworded iPhone and you think I can and should because you bought it from us you dimwit?

The disconnect is daily, mind boggling, and frustrating.
Lol... welcome to the IT and Telecommunications world my friend.

Incidentally,many years ago I worked in pc world. We got people in daily with such returns haha

2 hours ago, blueflag said:

Lol... welcome to the IT and Telecommunications world my friend.

Incidentally,many years ago I worked in pc world. We got people in daily with such returns haha

The answer should be a gigantic unmissable poster.

GOOGLE THAT SHIT!

Because that's all I would do with your unheard of third party app for something like a flashlight you already had on the phone as standard you moron.