Get Behind The Rangers With A Founders Trail Scarf !

26 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Build it and they will come.

I wouldn't have to build anything and I don't think it would cost me anything. My daughters best friend has a pub with a large hall at the back which used to be used for weddings. he is always looking for things to use it for and would be happy with just the sale of drink I think. It is within reasonable walking distance from the train station. (about 20 mins) where the international train stops. I am  in an area on the German border so I suppose if i could get it known people from this side of Germany may also come. I am not an organiser though as I can't even organise my own life.:D

On 27/06/2018 at 19:06, JFK-1 said:

To be fair it is being marketed by the founders trail and early Rangers strips from the founding period had no red in them. This strip for example was used from 1879 to 1883 and looks very similar to the scarf.

rangers_1879-1883-i.gif

This is the earliest one to feature any red in it and was used from 1904 to 1907.

rangers_1904-1907-ac.gif

This link shows all strips from the very first to the most recent. All Rangers strips

The first Rangers top to incorporate red was for the 1978-79 season and tbh I've always prefered our tops without any red on them. Keep the red on the socks though. That's a no brainer

Blue and white shirt.  Black and red socks and white shorts.  The late 50s/early60s and 70s strips when we brought back the black and red socks were the best Rangers strips and will never be bettered.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/06/2018 at 18:02, Gonzo79 said:

Have our colours always been Royal Blue?  I was under the impression we were the 'light blues' for a few decades?

Very interesting post though - I had no idea the top with the star was such a mystery.

During the period of the 1877 Scottish Cup Final the Rangers were referred to as '' The light and speedies'', through time this changed to '' The light blues''.

This label came about because of the boys diminutive frame and the fact that they'd mastered the art of moving the ball quickly between themselves.

We have never worn a light blue jersey, our colours have always been royal blue.

Granted there have been versions of our jersey with a lighter shade but that's been down to a  manufacturer fault.