RSC's - Our Lifeblood ?

I've been going with my local RSC since the early 90s and have continued, despite moving away.  Still see the same faces I did 20 odd years ago and have some good memories.  Strangely, most of the memorable incidents are from those first couple of years.

I remember a bloke got off for a piss when we were on our way to the Piggery for a final (Hibs or Aberdeen) and we saw the police approaching him, so were pointing and telling him to get a move on.  He thought we were waving at him, so waved back, smiling...whilst the police tapped him on the shoulder.  

RSCs are vital for many of us and are also hugely important to ensure the big crowds continue.  

4 minutes ago, colinstein said:

I'm surprised at the meaning of "brake" club because I've seen photos of an old banner that's got Kinning Park Brake club on it. Why would these guys have needed any transport to Ibrox

parkhead, Shawfield, Cathkin, Firrhill maybe.

Well done Dart, good piece and of course topical.  RSCs are still the lifeblood and a cohesive force throughout the Rangers global community.

there appears to be very little unity anywhere else nowadays, any moves or machinations attempting to use the RSC system to create virtual or pseudo clubs for whatever reason should be exposed and resisted.

CS, regarding KP Brake club, probably pre-Ibrox but I would assume the brake was used to take the KP lads to away games.

The OP is of course absolutely spot on. Now in my 30th year with my RSC, the friendships, camaraderie, stories, great times we have had over the years have been incredible. These are repeated in RSC's all over the country, and indeed the world.

The primary objective of course is to provide transport to enable supporters to attend Rangers games wherever they may take place. In these days of all-ticket games (it wasnt always like this!), it is getting more and more difficult to get enough tickets to fill buses and keep the RSC's economically viable. More and more rely on fundraising to make ends meet, with dances, totes, lottery, sportsmans dinners, etc taking place to boost coffers enough to keep buses on the road.

A real shame therefore that the management at the club involved with ticketing and RSC's dont seem to share the sense of worth for RSC's that they deserve. Continual reductions in RSC ticket allocations, and basically no support for them at all, means that more and more are having to give up, merge or reduce buses to minibuses or cars. So much could and should be done to support this "lifeblood" of the support and the club, and I have written about it several times over the years with lots of ideas as to how to improve matters, but the club only seem interested in talking to RSC's when there is a problem within the support that they need help with.

3 hours ago, colinstein said:

I'm surprised at the meaning of "brake" club because I've seen photos of an old banner that's got Kinning Park Brake club on it. Why would these guys have needed any transport to Ibrox

Probably the same reason as all the people catching the bus or taking taxis from Kinning Park in the present day.

giphy.gif