Steven Gerrard backs Josh Windass to respond to Ibrox jeers

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Shug far Glesga wouldn't have tied so much money up in Pena, Herrera, Alves and Cardoso or taken lip fae Kenny 'the plumbers friend' Miller.

Kenny, sure, -- I saw he picked himself for his first game at Livingstone -- but the rest looked 'decent' at the time, or at least a step up on what we had. Hindsight is 20/20.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Kenny, sure, -- I saw he picked himself for his first game at Livingstone -- but the rest looked 'decent' at the time, or at least a step up on what we had. Hindsight is 20/20.

Shug fae Glesga might not have the benefit of hindsight or more detailed info but those in charge at the club f**ked up BIGTIME

#InstitutionalFailure

...and it remains to be seen if signing the retail agreement with SDI around about the sametime, comes under the same hashtag.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

Shug fae Glesga might not have the benefit of hindsight or more detailed info but those in charge at the club f**ked up BIGTIME

#InstitutionalFailure

...and it remains to be seen if signing the retail agreement with SDI around about the sametime, comes under the same hashtag.

That's quite a segue. 

#ShugForChairman

Remember when Alex McDonald joined from St Johnstone he got the same treatment from a section of fans we stuck with him and doddie  came good really good  , so let's give the new manager a chance and see if he can get the best out of the player .

SG is experimenting imho. And, I don't believe what he has said about Windass in a face value sense. If Windass doesn't cut it, he wont be in the team. Some fans are getting chills at reading his comments about the guy who publicly tells the support to be quiet. A bit of an overreaction if you ask me this early in, but I can see why people are jumping to conclusions.

Hopefully, he'll get the best out if him and make us some coin.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

3 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

SG is experimenting imho. And, I don't believe what he has said about Windass in a face value sense. In Windass doesn't cut it, he wont be in the team.

Very much so !

We haven't funds to bring in quality all over the park and thus need to improve a lot of what we all ready have both individually and collectively.

The probability is that some will improve and others fall by the wayside. 

IMO Windass is one who will be in the later category and we'll end up with players who are able to show more consistenty towards the collective effort and that actually gets results.

I'm hoping that it'll be a case of the team being greater than the sum of its parts.

Not to mention that there is still a considerable amount of time left in the window, but I'm still holding out for a signing of an outfield player if a higher quality (loan or not) than we have acquired so far. That might be wishful thinking on my part but something at the back of my mind says 'if Scott Arfield is as good as it's going to get, we could see a broadly similar season this time round'.

I'm not getting carried away here as it's still, very much, 'early days'.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

10 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I'm hoping that it'll be a case of the team being greater than the sum of its parts.

Not to mention that there is still a considerable amount of time left in the window, but I'm still holding out for a signing of an outfield player if a higher quality (loan or not) than we have acquired so far. That might be wishful thinking on my part but something at the back of my mind says 'if Scott Arfield is as good as it's going to get, we could see a broadly similar season this time round'.

I'm not getting carried away here as it's very much 'still early days'.

We need a goalscoring forward and the 'delay' points to it being a loan.

I can't imagine much more money being spent without some coming in the other direction.

We also need creativity, again I think if we want a degree of quality then it'll have to be a loan.

Is the lad from Liverpool already at Ibrox the player brought in to fill this position ?

Early days

We'll have a better idea where we are when the windows shuts and we've played our first four league games.