Fan-zones, politicians and community spirit

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

If there was more awareness of what drives politics and where it's going, just perhaps, the majority of people would get angry enough to do something about it.

Getting rid of layers of faceless bureaucrats was a good start.  Or at least Britain voted to.

31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Getting rid of layers of faceless bureaucrats was a good start.  Or at least Britain voted to.

Few people (all around the world) get what they think they are voting for.

Brexit is a little different in that not even the Leave Campaign really knew what the the bottomline of what they were campaigning for and quickly made an exit after the referendum.

A lot of todays Politics (together with an important % of the mainstream media) is like a firewall of noise, law and regulation (lack of) to further and protect powerful interests.

Edited by buster.

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Doesn't look much like a good start, at the moment. The much over-used word 'shambles' is more accurate.

Oh, and there will be a whole box of new, and presumably, faceless , bureaucrats, to administer and police those matters which had been sub contracted, so to speak, to Europe. 

11 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

We were warned, but a hell of a lot of people refused to listen, I never heard one single financial expert even attempt to paint Brexit as a good idea, but people have chosen to ignore experts, and believe power crazed fuckwits such as Gove and Johnson, and their bus ad drivel. Brussels is only doing what we knew they would, we need to look a hell of a lot closer to home if there's blame to be shovelled out.

I never voted for Brexit, but if a vote came round now I'm not sure I would vote to remain in the EU either, the whole thing is a mess. I understand that, I don't want Johnson or Gove anywhere near power, but I don't want our country to answer to Merkel or Junker either but the vote has been cast and now we need to live with the consequences, we can do things about the people in power at home, we can vote them out .

I'm not being naïve, I did say we should take our share because of the leave vote,  It just seems this has been a long drawn out process and we have to sacrifice more, surely if we vote leave, then we leave and not become a pariah state of the EU, I know there is fault on our side as well, probably most of the fault. I'm fed up of the whole thing, it is a burden on society and the sooner it is sorted the better so that we can move on.

13 minutes ago, buster. said:

Let's not be naive. The EU were never going to make it easy and give any country a gold-plated withdrawal, thus encouraging a queue to form.

We are not being punished by Brussels, we are facing the natural and predictable consequences of a Leave vote. 

I am not political and have never even voted since I left Britain 38 years ago but why people thought they could leave the European Union, stop paying into it but keep all the benefits really baffles me. Amsterdam is now standing with open arms waiting for all the International companies moving their companies out of Britain.That is already happening.

2 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

I never voted for Brexit, but if a vote came round now I'm not sure I would vote to remain in the EU either, the whole thing is a mess. I understand that, I don't want Johnson or Gove anywhere near power, but I don't want our country to answer to Merkel or Junker either but the vote has been cast and now we need to live with the consequences, we can do things about the people in power at home, we can vote them out .

I'm not being naïve, I did say we should take our share because of the leave vote,  It just seems this has been a long drawn out process and we have to sacrifice more, surely if we vote leave, then we leave and not become a pariah state of the EU, I know there is fault on our side as well, probably most of the fault. I'm fed up of the whole thing, it is a burden on society and the sooner it is sorted the better so that we can move on.

Essentially, the Political system has been 'hijacked' and is no longer fit for purpose of serving the interests of the majority.

I know I am not really one for getting involved in politics either mate, only interested in the rangers, but I do like hearing other people's opinions and I wholeheartedly agree with busters statement and will leave it at that

Essentially, the Political system has been 'hijacked' and is no longer fit for purpose of serving the interests of the majority.

32 minutes ago, pete said:

why people thought they could leave the European Union, stop paying into it but keep all the benefits really baffles me

Anyone who thought that should be stuck in a padded cell.