GN Pod 014 - Nothing artificial about this Rangers team

Quick note to thank everyone again for their support so far.

In just over a few months we already have over 500 subscribers on Youtube with excellent numbers and feedback across the other platforms as well. Lots more to come as well hopefully with more contributors and discussions planned!

We're still looking into ways to make the pod more interactive as we'd like to perhaps have a show where we invite questions and/or people to come on live.  We're still working on our software to see what's possible but any other feedback is welcome!

Thank's again lads, good listen !

One observation (not a criticism) is the timelapse between recording the podcast and it being published is too long and what happens is that the relevant points up for discussion on Sunday night have already been covered extensively in various parts of the media, including other podcasts.

The faster you get it out, the more interest you'll get.

I'm afraid that we can't do it any faster. 

The podcast is recorded on a Sunday night and takes several hours from an unpaid volunteer to produce the professional edited version which is available early on Tuesday mornings.  The turnaround is less than 36 hours which I think is really good for a completely free product.  Sure, we may lag shortly behind other paid alternatives but I think ours is still interesting, relevant and timely.

We may consider a 'live' option in the future but that wouldn't have the same production quality and I'm not too sure how many of the contributors would fancy that.  There's a difference between recording 'as live' with the ability to edit out mistakes/technical issues and actually being 'live' with all the problems that brings.

There's also the possibility we charge a subscription to access the pod and/or other areas of the whole Gersnet site (forum/articles).  But, despite the rising costs and personal commitments of all our contributors that's something I'd rather meet through the odd advertisement as opposed to charging people.

if people are interested, fantastic - if not, for whatever reason, so be it. :thup:

20 minutes ago, buster. said:

One observation (not a criticism) is the timelapse between recording the podcast and it being published is too long and what happens is that the relevant points up for discussion on Sunday night have already been covered extensively in various parts of the media, including other podcasts.

Don't listen to the s**t media until you have heard the GN pod,simple.

Personally, I'll listen because I think it's generally very good, worthwhile and I have the time.

My observation is more directed at ways to try and grow an audience.

Bottom line, I'd agree with putting the emphasis on quality.

Another idea would be to try and allocate a part of the show to an 'original angle' / something exclusive. When you've had Steve (4LHAD) he's sometimes provided you with something in this ball park. Even going back to the Liverpool fan giving a topical insight into Flanagan worked well.

Yep, we definitely want to have dedicated subjects now and again but that's tricky right now with such a busy footballing schedule.

International breaks and the like should offer us an opportunity to discuss other topics.  For example, in a couple of weeks, I'm hoping to have a couple of relevant people on to discuss the situation with the BBC.

Well done again lads.  Really enjoyed that again.  It's great that people care enough to give you the feedback.  You just feel that everyone wants to help make it the best one out there.  Arguably it is already but there's no room for complacency. ?