[FT] Rangers 1 (Goldson 41) - 0 FC Ufa

I was hoping for more goals but the other team didn't really threaten us.

I can't believe how reluctant the ref was to book any of them.  There must have been about 20 fouls against us in the first half.

90 minutes of hard work should see us through again.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I was hoping for more goals but the other team didn't really threaten us.

I can't believe how reluctant the ref was to book any of them.  There must have been about 20 fouls against us in the first half.

90 minutes of hard work should see us through again.

giphy.gif

This is the correct use of gifs.

Answer properly and add an image to emphasise.  Well played R_S!

giphy.gif

Some huge performances out there. Katic and Goldson were immense. I’ve been blown away by Katic. Ryan Jack was amazing and Arfield’s link up play is world class. 

My bugbear tonight was Kent constantly running into congested areas. Give me Middleton from the start any day. Make no mistake the boy is no Gregg Wylde, he has far more to his game than pace and a left foot. 

Edited by DMAA

Well over 50 fouls against us. The referee was atrocious too. It makes for a tough second leg. 

They killed the game and we couldn’t break them down for 2/3. We missed Coulibaly and need something else in the middle of the park.

Hard working performance on a difficult night. Atmosphere was much more subdued than Maribor.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Some huge performances out there. Katic and Goldson were immense. I’ve been blown away by Katic. Ryan Jack was amazing and Arfield’s link up play is world class. 

My bugbear tonight was Kent constantly running into congested areas. Give me Middleton from the start any day. Make no mistake the boy is no Gregg Wylde, he has far more to his game than pace and a left foot. 

Middleton's pace, trickery and deliveries - even when he's got a guy near to him - are a joy to behold.  I would hope that at home we'll play him and two strikers up front.

Let's hope Coulibaly is fit for next week, as he and Jack are rocks in our midfield.

NB: Almost a trademark opening goal for Lafferty: somewhere near the 18-yard line and he lashes in a ferocious shot. How have we missed that.

Just wanted to check stats at the BBC's text commentary site, but I only found biased gash ...

Glasgow duo heading through?

It's so far so good for the Old Firm in the Europa League play-off round.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers was in downbeat mood after the 1-1 draw with Suduva in Lithuania.

But the Scottish champions must be strong favourites to progress.

Glasgow rivals Rangers, meanwhile, only have a narrow lead against Ufa, but with two draws and a victory away from home so far in Europa League qualifying, Steven Gerrard's rebuilt side will head to Russia with plenty of confidence.

Rangers have had most of the play at Ibrox, but there's only a few minutes left and they still only have that Connor Goldson goal to show for it - and they haven't tested Ufa goalkeeper Aleksander Belenov on too many occasions.

Well, that took him long...

Kyle Lafferty is on the pitch for little over two minutes and he goes into the book. A stray leg while jumping for a header catches Jemal Tabidze.

What game was he watching? Laff jumping with a stray leg?