[FT] Rangers 1 (Goldson 41) - 0 FC Ufa

While Ejaria was good he doesn't really create much. Morelos had a tough second half but was man of the match by a mile in the first half. As Frankie said Jack was superb but again he does not present any danger. We really need a midfielder in the offensive area's. Goldson and Katic were steals at the price. I think the referee was a relation of Karol Józef Wojtyła and was trying to re-enact  the red sea crossing. He doesn't even know what a foul throw is. I though Scottish referee's were bad.  

Ejaria and Jack were outstanding. But you see from that game what murph brings to the team. Centre Halves excellent. 

This could go all all the way to pens but if we score over there it’s hard to see them getting 3. 

Really missing goal threat from midfield. Lots of half chances to finish them off but fannied about. 

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Middleton's pace, trickery and deliveries - even when he's got a guy near to him - are a joy to behold.  I would hope that at home we'll play him and two strikers up front.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve been disappointed with how few chances he’s had (and how long it took tonight). I hope there are no penalties for not playing Kent because if there are he has no chance of breaking through. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Sorry Bill. Can't get any updates on Twitter so I'm getting updates from that shitty site.

No, it’s me that should be sorry. It’s none of my business what anyone watches or listens to. I just hates those bastards with a passion.

I think we’ve just done enough thanks to the clean sheet. Thought Ufa had a great defensive performance and we just weren’t able to find any space or time to spark something in the final third. Great periods of possession in the second half but lacked that killer final pass. On the plus side they didn’t cause our defense any problems with very little to offer when they tried to counter.  If we score one over there I’m confident we go through, but it does change the game plan next week. I think we now have to search for that away goal rather than just keep the back door locked like we did in Maribor. Some positive performances - Ejaria had his best game for us yet with good hold up play, passing and stealing.  Jack was composed again and Candeias’s work rate was superb - he was everywhere, so somewhat surprised that he was subbed tbh. Morelos again very strong performance and could have had a couple himself. Greegsy, what can you say?  Another fine stop she needed. 

The ball didn’t bounce for us kindly tonight not helped the atrocious refereeing, but clearly we are in pole position. Not getting the run of the ball or fair share of good refereeing decisions yet come away with a win and clean sheet gives me great confidence for next week.