Katic

Flanagan

Jack

Ejaria

Arfield

Candeias

Morelos

Kent

Pretty much guaranteed. With us more likely to be playing on the counter I'd prefer Middleton to Kent because he'll break away faster up the wing and get more balls in the box, but little chance of him getting much more than a cameo I think.

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Pretty much guaranteed. With us more likely to be playing on the counter I'd prefer Middleton to Kent because he'll break away faster up the wing and get more balls in the box, but little chance of him getting much more than a cameo I think.

Better off with Kent starting, he has more experience of playing within our European set-up.

Lafferty has more chance of a start than Middleton.

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Better off with Kent starting, he has more experience of playing within our European set-up.

Lafferty has more chance of a start than Middleton.

Maybe so, I'm just thinking of who's style is most suited to playing on the counter and for me it's Middleton.

Lafferty is a striker and should only play there imo.

13 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Maybe so, I'm just thinking of who's style is most suited to playing on the counter and for me it's Middleton.

Lafferty is a striker and should only play there imo.

This game is about discipline and keeping to a gameplan. Kent has shown he can do that and SG can't do other than play the short odds.

If later in the game we need goals, Middleton becomes an option.

6 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Does Lafferty not play that role on the counter attack for NI?

I think SG might initially be looking to split the up top role between Morelos and Lafferty for this one, eg. Morelos 60mins/Lafferty 30.

However, match circumstances may force change and we end-up needing them both on the field.

Edited by buster.

On 24/08/2018 at 09:01, buster. said:

A quick scan of our European history shows us having won the First leg 1-0,  at Home in KO ties (ie. not group stage) a total of 8 times with the balance of success in our favour.

We went on to get through the tie on 6 occasions but were put out twice.

75% success rate which is better than the general stats that say a 1-0 home victory in the first leg gives you a 61% of going through

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum/view.php?archive=2008.Q3&topic=20080919192651.xml

Six successful

60's: Rapid Vienna

70's: Young Boys of Berne and Lillestrom

80's: Katowice

90's: Anorthosis

00's: Red Star

Two unsuccessful

80s: Osasuna

2010's: Progres

Kaiserslautern in 2000.  Beat them 1-0 at Ibrox with a late Albertz goal then got done 3-0 in Germany.

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Kaiserslautern in 2000.  Beat them 1-0 at Ibrox with a late Albertz goal then got done 3-0 in Germany.

A quick scan of our European history shows us having won the First leg 1-0,  at Home in KO ties (ie. not group stage) a total of 9 times with the balance of success in our favour.

We went on to get through the tie on 6 occasions but were put out three times.

67% success rate which is better than the general stats that say a 1-0 home victory in the first leg gives you a 61% of going through

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum/view.php?archive=2008.Q3&topic=20080919192651.xml

Six successful

60's: Rapid Vienna

70's: Young Boys of Berne and Lillestrom

80's: Katowice

90's: Anorthosis

00's: Red Star

Three unsuccessful

80s: Osasuna

00's: Kaiserslautern

2010's: Progres

Edited by buster.

Thing that worries me about UFA is their size. Couple of big lads up front and we did poorly on set pieces at Motherwell. I might be wrong but they didn’t look like the type of team to cause problems outside the sort of tactics the Russian national team played. Convinced if we score we are through. Plastic pitch a bit of a worry but we did OK at Killie (albeit) UFA are better than them. 

We need to be a lot braver than we were against Motherwell in terms of controlling the ball and playing further up the pitch. If we sit in we will lose. If we are brave we will score.