[FT] Rangers 1 (Goldson 41) - 0 FC Ufa

3 hours ago, compo said:

Going on the assumption that the opposition gets stronger as we progress then this will be our biggest game under the new regime,  but with patient play and keeping it tight at the back we can win this tie and give us a chance to play in the league stage draw some attractive opposition and make lots of money to invest in the team .

Regardless of the opposition, these 2 games are massively important.  Therefore putting an extra level of pressure onto the players - We're face the EL group stages....something I don't think anyone honestly expected.

Looking at how teams over the past couple of years have handled high-pressure games, fans would be forgiven for being sceptical....however to date the teams performances have been excellent, and indications are that the extra pressure of these matches will not phase this current team.

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Surprise surprise. Always multiply predicted recovery times by 10 at Rangers. Big loss. 

It's a loss but hopefully SG is building a squad mindset and playing ethos that won't be derailed by 1 or 2 injuries. Lets turn it into a positive...It's a chance for whoever is coming in to make a claim for a jersey. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

One thing about this SG Rangers team is they really keep at it 100% so any team will have to play very good for 90 minutes to beat us, well that is what I see that SG has his team playing! which of course gives you confidence whoever we face.

6 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Is Lafferty available for this tie? if he has indeed signed?

Yes he can be played as a wild card. He trained today so expect he will be in the squad.

His interview on RTV has a short clip of him training today and he also apologises o fans for the way he left. Let's hope we see some goals tomorrow and he can come on and start payin it back on the park

One thing that bothers me about this tie is that I feel more confident about it than I did about the others. First round Shkupi I felt we were a lot stronger than them but after last years first round fiasco I was concerned given that this team was a still unknown entity in a competitive game.

Negotiated that then I felt Osijek and Maribor were of far greater quality which they were but got through that too which greatly elevated my confidence levels. Ufa I feel that not only are we better than them but that Osijek and Maribor were both much better than them.

The problem is we have experienced so many false dawns i'm still not in a place where I can feel as confident in the team as I perhaps should. And that if I relax and give into the confidence the slap in the face that has been just around the corner these past few years will catch me out again.

1 hour ago, trublusince1982 said:

Is coulibaly even here or is he back at his parent club? Don't understand how this is taking aslong and why we did t know until the last minute last week he was out

Quite rightly so why let the opposition have the information?.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

Quite rightly so why let the opposition have the information?.

Meant Gerrard not us the fans. He commented that he didn't find out coulibaly wasn't fit until the last minute last week and was a surprise 

Edited by trublusince1982