[FT] Rangers 1 (Goldson 41) - 0 FC Ufa

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

One thing that bothers me about this tie is that I feel more confident about it than I did about the others. First round Shkupi I felt we were a lot stronger than them but after last years first round fiasco I was concerned given that this team was a still unknown entity in a competitive game.

Negotiated that then I felt Osijek and Maribor were of far greater quality which they were but got through that too which greatly elevated my confidence levels. Ufa I feel that not only are we better than them but that Osijek and Maribor were both much better than them.

The problem is we have experienced so many false dawns i'm still not in a place where I can feel as confident in the team as I perhaps should. And that if I relax and give into the confidence the slap in the face that has been just around the corner these past few years will catch me out again.

Of course, totally understand, and whilst we are all drinking the SG coolaid, there’s an apprehension with most of the fans that they don’t want to get too confident in case we end up let down or disappointed - it’s the false dawn mentality. My theory is that we’ll feel that way if things don’t go to plan anyway, if we lose a game...or two...on the trot. So I’m just going with the momentum that we’ve created - I hate being too pessimistic, so I’m all in, and if we do have a blip then we get up and go again. Keeping the positivity and confidence annoys those breast’s from the east in any case so that a good reason alone! Let’s go!!!!!!!!!

Having attended all the home ties and messed people about to watch the away ties, I'm pretty unimpressed that I won't get to see the last match (like you wbd, I don't think I can get the time off work).

Here's hoping we get a good result tomorrow and that takes some of the tension out of the return leg.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Same deal? Pay a fiver or so and watch i uk.

£7.49

Live coverage of the first leg of the Europa League play-off. Kick Off 19:45:00 . AVAILABLE IN ALL AREAS INCLUDING UK/ROI.

This LIVE MATCH, unlike others, is available to view worldwide INCLUDING the UK.
Please note this live game should not be purchased for any commercial purposes. The licence to view this game is strictly for domestic use only.

https://rangers.co.uk/tv/reg2a?it=16723&c=archive&act=buy&r=675522899