Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

ok, worshiping may be pushing it....but plenty on here are more than happy to blindly follow it's governance & "leadership" (no laughing at the back), all the while having (effectively) no say in how it operates.

You have as much say in how Westminster operates as Holyrood ... effectively none. Westminster may be a den of conniving wankers but certainly no more so than Holyrood. 

55 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I think you are getting confused with James Dornan MSP....this is to do with Councillor Stephen Dornan (no relation).

Since Cllr Dornan works along side Ms Aitken, it makes sense that she would consult with him on the issue.

You may be correct Darther I don’t know Stephen Dornan but there is a chap on followfollow (cuttyyoung) who claims he does support Celtic. There may be 2 Dornans in the area who dislike us.

Their meetings minutes refer to the Ibrox Football Club in places (odd they don’t know the name of the club whose stadium towers over the place and is bang in the middle of it, and Cllr Dornan seems to be interested in the Orange Order (or rather blaming it for lack of use of a local park). I’m not an OO fan or detractor btw - I genuinely know little about it. 

I just think its it’s odd that the trial day was not approved on the basis of the facility being used for youth football, when its only been booked 3 times in a year for a total of 6 hours to coincide with Saturday home games (which is the time being requested by Rangers). Rangers also provide coaching to the community as far as I understand. 

I think its odd that amongst reasons given were to not encourage burgers and chips. Well in that case just shut Glasgow down. 

Funnily enough I get the concerns local residents have with match day parking far more than I get concerns about this fan zone. At least I can see the obvious impact cars have on a local community. 

I would bet a pound to a penny Cllr Dornan was part of the lengthy discussion at the meeting of the CC when actually it is supposed to be a community councils meeting which is apolitical. If he is offering technical advice on procedure fair enough but I think the whole thing stinks. 

I've read through the whys and wherefores proffered by both sides of the argument throughout this thread and it brings me to an inescapable conclusion: no matter your party preference and regardless of suitable reasoned justifications or lack thereof, if anyone in the cold light of day doesn't think that this decision is politically motivated, then I'm afraid, they are sadly deluded.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

13 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I've read through the whys and wherefores proffered by both sides of the argument throughout this thread and it brings me to an inescapable conclusion: no matter your party preference and regardless of suitable reasoned justifications or lack thereof, if anyone in the cold light of day doesn't think that this decision is politically motivated, then I'm afraid, they are sadly deluded.

You're just saying that because you can't keep football out of your politics.

On 01/09/2018 at 11:10, pete said:

I will go back to my original argument. Scotland could be ruled from Scotland but still be a part of Britain. British market, British defence. Holland governs itself within the EU.

No country within the EU governs itself that's the entire point of the EU.

The EU does not govern how much tax I pay on my food or drink. The EU does not dictate how much tax is on my petrol.  The EU does not dictate how much my rent will go up this year . I live in Germany and if I cross the border  to Holland then drink is far dearer, petrol is far far dearer VAT is 21% in Holland and only 19% in Germany. That is the things that I go on not that my cucumbers have to have to be straight and have a condom on.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

That is the things that I go on not that my cucumbers have to have to be straight and have a condom on.

Did anyone else get a Eurotrash flashback reading that?  ?

Edited by Gonzo79

15 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The EU is a political, economic & fiscal union.

None of its states can be called sovereign states as they don’t have their own currency.

Uk and Denmark don’t use Euro Rab. 

Edited by Walterbear

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Did anyone else get a Eurotrash flashback reading that?  ?

There is a whole lot wrong with the EU but I still believe it is better to change things from the inside. I also understand that British and Dutch Fishers were given a hard deal while Spanish factory ships empted the seas. Farmers (I will only go on Dutch) complain all the time but their houses keep getting bigger and bigger. As i said I am obviously pro-Europe but it does need to be renevated from top to bottom and I just find it a pity Britain will not be a part of that.