Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

15 minutes ago, pete said:

The EU does not govern how much tax I pay on my food or drink. The EU does not dictate how much tax is on my petrol.  The EU does not dictate how much my rent will go up this year . I live in Germany and if I cross the border  to Holland then drink is far dearer, petrol is far far dearer VAT is 21% in Holland and only 19% in Germany. That is the things that I go on not that my cucumbers have to have to be straight and have a condom on.

That VAT you pay is a mandatory EU tax though isn't it?

3 minutes ago, pete said:

There is a whole lot wrong with the EU but I still believe it is better to change things from the inside. I also understand that British and Dutch Fishers were given a hard deal while Spanish factory ships empted the seas. Farmers (I will only go on Dutch) complain all the time but their houses keep getting bigger and bigger. As i said I am obviously pro-Europe but it does need to be renevated from top to bottom and I just find it a pity Britain will not be a part of that.

The sole reason Brexit is happening at all is because the EU cannot be renovated as David Cameron found to his cost.

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

They cannot go below 15% though.

I am not sure if it was an EU decision but the Netherlands always had food at 6% and that has also now been brought up to the standard rate.

29 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The EU is a political, economic & fiscal union.

None of its states can be called sovereign states as they don’t have their own currency.

Sweden, UK, Denmark, Poland