Neil Cameron and The Trio of Trash

Written by: James Molloy
Thursday, 11th October 2018

In a Herald article yesterday where he once again struggled to hide his football allegiances and his hatred for all things Rangers, Z-List "journalist" Neil Cameron detailed footballing genius Paul Gascoigne's many faults.

GAZZA SNUB
SFA chiefs set to boycott Rangers legend Paul Gascoigne’s Scottish Football Hall of Fame dinner, according to reports

A number of Hampden blazers are concerned about showing their support given Gazza's troubled past with domestic abuse, racism and sectarianism

By Gary Taylor
11th October 2018, 7:56 am

SFA blazers are reportedly set to boycott a dinner inducting Rangers icon Paul Gascoigne into Scottish Football’s Hall of Fame.

The England hero, 51, is set to be honoured at a glitzy black-tie event at Hampden on Sunday October 21
But according to the Daily Mail, some SFA chiefs are set to snub the posh bash due to concerns over his troubled past.

Gazza has been caught up in a string of regrettable high-profile incidents over the years, including domestic abuse, racism and sectarianism.

And it’s said that a number of SFA board members are reluctant to be seen showing their support for Gascoigne.

Nominations are made by fans before a committee decides who to admit. The SFA has no influence.
Gascoigne spent three years with Gers after joining from Lazio in a huge move in 1995.

He won two top-flight titles as well as a Scottish Cup and League Cup before returning south of the border in a move to Middlesbrough.
The attacker was crowned Player of the Year in his debut season before going on to help Walter Smith’s side win Nine in a Row.

Gazza, who has 57 caps for England, joins a host of Ibrox heroes in the hall of fame, including John Greig, Willie Waddell, Andy Goram and Sandy Jardine.

Last year’s ceremony saw Archie Macpherson, Willie Wallace, Queen’s Park FC, Allan McGraw, John McGovern, Jim Craig, John Clark and the Lisbon Lions squad inducted into the Hall of Fame.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3332402/paul-gascoigne-rangers-hall-of-fame-sfa/

Generally speaking,.......

-  think the Scottish Hall of Fame should be restricted to Scots.

- many H of Fs are diluting value by including too many so as to make more money.

I don't know if it is still the case but Blackpool FC restricted each decade to 5 individuals. 

Edited by buster.

14 minutes ago, buster. said:

Generally speaking,.......

-  think the Scottish Hall of Fame should be restricted to Scots.

- many H of Fs are diluting value by including too many so as to make more money.

I don't know if it is still the case but Blackpool FC restricted each decade to 5 individuals.

Nothing to do with his past but I don't really think he did enough for Scottish football to deserve getting into a hall of fame. Rangers hall of fame maybe but not the Scottish. My idea of a hall of fame obviously far higher than the SFA's. I never even made the Gersnet hall of fame.:D

Just now, pete said:

Nothing to do with his past but I don't really think he did enough for Scottish football to deserve getting into a hall of fame. Rangers hall of fame maybe but not the Scottish. My idea of a hall of fame obviously far higher than the SFA's. I never even made the Gersnet hall of fame.:D

I think clubs having all comers in their HoF is fine and is the place for such contributions to the Scottish game....but the Scottish HoF should be about Scots.

--------------------

That said, there is another issue here and one that is all too common.

Fair enough if someone thinks Gascogne wasn’t a good enough footballer to merit a place in Scotland’s HoF but to question his inclusion because of his family issues or his nationality is as good a reason as any for doing away with this nonsense altogether. 

2 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Can any Gersnetters see a connection?

On Saturday, Cosgrove began the charge on BBC Radio Scotland. He doesn't want Gazza inducted into the Scottish football Hall of Fame. A perfectly legitimate point of view. His reasoning, Gazza is a self confessed wife beater, and these days everyone connected to Scottish football has to share the responsibility of protecting the game's image. Jum Spence popped up on the same means yesterday, reinforcing DrStu's cri de couer and hinting at racism too. If you are interested in searching for what DrStu' and Jimmy Ping have said about Jimmy Johnstone, Malky McKay,Neil Lennon, and Leigh Griffiths on matters of domestic violence and racism, you will be looking at the centre of a dougnut.

Thirty years past, DrStu' penned a tome entitled, 'Hampden Babylon'. It was a quick buck making exercise telling the tales of the more salacious side of Scottish football. Child beaters, wife beaters, bullies, racists, ''''''''''''''' etc; they all live on those pages, accompanied by photos. I am sure the Doyen of Scottish Literature will be happy to discuss his observations on Rangers supporters being, "h-u-ns and typical orange wankers"?

Further, in yesterday's Herald, the depressed Neil Cameron showed empathy with his fellow sufferers by throwing a particular one under a bus. Neil Lennon can threaten the pregnant women in his life and Cameron will decidedly walk on bye on the other side of the road. It's a simple parable. Today, it's Stephen McGowan of the Scottish Daily Mail; tomorrow it will be Tom English, Hugh MacDonald, Hugh Keevins, .............................

We know it's their collective preferred prejudice, te extent of their comfort is measured by the lengths they are prepared to go to in NOT mentioning current and future inductees.

This is very much the 'other issue'.

Contradictions that don't get called out or if mentioned, not proportionately.