Celtic Boys Club manager 'stuffed banknotes in boy's mouth'

For years at Annfield we have banners demanding justice for the people who died at Hillsborough,  we should have a huge banner the length of the Govan stand demanding an investigation into the beast of the East. 

If the shoe was on the other foot that's what they would do so get after the beasts .

54 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I see the BBC news are still going with the "youth club in Glasgow" line. 

On STV news they even said that the C****c boys club was a separate business entity to C****c FC

51 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Torbett, from Glasgow, founded the club in 1966 when he was around 18 years old.

He told the court they used Celtic's name and played in Celtic strips, but were not connected to the football club.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1432524-verdict-in-jim-torbett-sexual-abuse-trial/

If they weren't connected, why did Celtic pay them 20k last year to disassociate themselves ?  Why were a number of CFC Directors on their Board at multiple times ?  How could an "honorary president" (Stein) sack Torbett for the initial abuses - Honorary Presidents, AFAIK, don't have the rights to make such decisions

Sounds like revisionism to me.

If the SFA wish to have any credibility they must investigate the club in question to determine whether or not they may have at the very least brought the game into disrepute. I’d suggest however it is much more serious than that.

They must start by asking why Torbett was re-employed twice (yes twice) by them after being initially caught.

And during the 70’s and 80’s Celtic BC produced many players who went on to the first team winning many honours. Would that have happened had Torbett & other been known about at the time ?

I suspect not

5 hours ago, craig said:

6 years isn't nearly enough for ruining the lives of multiple young boys.

In some ways this is worse than murder but I guess this is the maximum that was allowed under the current laws. Paedophiles rarely work alone; they have networks covering for them, often in high places. Jimmy Savile could never have got away with all he did on his own.

'Separate and distinct'

Celtic FC told the BBC last year the Boys Club was a "separate and distinct" organisation.

The two clubs are separate legal entities, but decades of Celtic View magazines, and never before seen footage obtained by BBC Scotland, shows how the two clubs were intertwined.

Celtic legends Jock Stein and Billy McNeil are filmed handing out awards at a Celtic Boys Club prize-giving in about 1973, while Torbett looks on.

The distinction, though correct legally, rings hollow to the survivors of Torbett's abuse.

Kenny Campbell said he felt hurt and angry at Celtic's statement last year.

He said: "It made me really, really angry to be honest with you. They're just pleading the fifth at the end of the day."

Since going public with his claims Kenny Campbell says he has still to hear from anyone at Celtic FC.

He said: "Why not just write a letter of apology, or somebody come personally and deliver a letter of apology.

"That's all it takes. It would take nothing else.

"It wouldn't take money or motors or houses or things like that.

"Just someone to tell me 'I'm sorry' for what I've went through and sorry for what I've suffered for the past 20 or 25 years."

Jim Torbett has been jailed for six years.

His victims and their families, who were so badly let down by football, can perhaps now look for some closure.

Full article:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44613935

4 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

If the SFA wish to have any credibility they must investigate the club in question to determine whether or not they may have at the very least brought the game into disrepute. I’d suggest however it is much more serious than that.

They must start by asking why Torbett was re-employed twice (yes twice) by them after being initially caught.

And during the 70’s and 80’s Celtic BC produced many players who went on to the first team winning many honours. Would that have happened had Torbett & other been known about at the time ?

I suspect not

While they are at it they should demand that Lawwell should recuse himself from their enquiries and decision-making process.