Sebo for Naismith

Exactly, top scorer in the SPL two seasons running and then the contradiction that players should be judged on goals ??? WTF?

Its no contradiction, what im saying is most judge on goals, but I judge on performances aswell.

People talk about Boyd like he is some sort of world beater. The SPL is a poor standard and Boyd has scored 1 goal in open play away from Ibrox. His goal against Celtic was his first in 5 games - so his isnt banging them in every week and we all know about his all round game.

Im not going to mention it anymore or il be soon be accused of being on the wind up simply for my opinion :rolleyes:

Its no contradiction, what im saying is most judge on goals, but I judge on performances aswell.

People talk about Boyd like he is some sort of world beater. The SPL is a poor standard and Boyd has scored 1 goal in open play away from Ibrox. His goal against Celtic was his first in 5 games - so his isnt banging them in every week and we all know about his all round game.

Im not going to mention it anymore or il be soon be accused of being on the wind up simply for my opinion :rolleyes:

Gribz, it doesnt matter how often you try to downplay Boyd's achievements the fact is that each time you try to downplay what Boyd has done we can all try to switch Sebo's name for Boyd and it makes you laugh at how inappropriate it is.

Yes Boyd has had more playing time than Sebo but Boyd looks like he will score and is a true threat whilst Sebo just doesn't ever look like he will score.

The SPL perhaps IS a poor standard - but what then does that make Sebo as a player ? The comparison is that whilst Boyd is banging in 20+ a season in a poor league Sebo couldn't score if his life depended on it.

The main gripe that people have with Boyd is that he could improve his game, NOT running the channels but be fitter, a little faster, sharper and have better first touch.

Now irrespective if he scores 1 goal or 31 goals that isn´t an unreasonable request of a professional athelte who is well paid indirectly by our good selves.

Good to hear him come out this week and recognize this and say that he will address the matter, pity it took him until he was 23.

My theroy is that his future with Rangers was in the air and in the last few days he has sat down with WS/AMcC and has decided to declare his intention of improving his professionalism/ dedication to the job, hence the newspaper article.

Sebo's a difficult one to call though. I thought he did well against Celtic where he was brought in to do a specific job - ruffle the feathers of the centre halves. He did that well but pretty much nothing else apart from a number of wild challenges. But some people seemed to think that game showed he was worth keeping. Sorry, but we could sign any number of players if all we wanted was someone to rough up centre halves who've had it their own way for too long. The lad obviously tries, so I think we've all been guilty of looking for any little sign that he is worth keeping.

On the other hand, he's obviously fast and comfortable with the ball at his feet. Well, sometimes at least. There's been lots of times I've seen him this season and he can't trap the ball or even play simple passes. He certainly doesn't look like a 1.8M striker.

Thing is, there's been strikers who've come here before and struggled to fit in. But there's been very few, who, like Sebo, have come here, struggled, but not even managed to score on a semi-regular basis or at least show some glimpses of something special. Something that leaves you thinking he'll come good, he's obviously got what it takes. But I've just not seen that from Sebo.

Has he had a good run in the reserves yet? If so, has he been banging them in at that level?

He is young and has time to adjust, but The Gers really isn't a club where you're going to be given time to improve in the first team. You really need to hit the ground running and with the recent improvement under WS, expectations are going to be much higher next season, so there's going to be less chance to give someone like Sebo a run-out over a few games, to see what he can do.

I guess it comes down to what WS and AM think of him. At the moment though, where will he play next season? Boyd will be first choice striker with someone alongside him when we're playing two up front. You've got Gow and the French lad who've come in already and I just think Sebo's slipping down the pecking order already.

Also, don't forget that WS has said publicly that there are players (note the plural) who have come in and who he'd like to move on. But that these players are on 3 year deals so it might not be easy. I'm assuming that means Sionko, but also probably Papac and/or Sebo.

The Killie loan story makes sense, that could be what he needs, but it seems a bit far fetched to me. Also, can you imagine if he went to another SPL club and struggled? The fans would make his life a misery and it could just get worse for him.

Also, Gribz, I wasn't taking the piss when I quoted your thing about how to judge players. I know what you're saying, but looking at Sebo, has he really done enough to show that he can hack it as a first choice player for us? I just think we all might be trying too hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.