Jump to content

 

 

Annual results / AGM 27th November


Recommended Posts

Rangers are a "Brand".  Over the past few years it will have been difficult for business development & marketing people to sell that brand to those willing to play the big bucks.

 

Similar to any football club, the majority of revenue comes upfront from season tickets.  After that it then comes down to things like sponsorship & corporate sales - game by game.  When you are riding on the crest of a wave, it's easy to sell the product for a premium - champions league matches etc.

 

We are getting there.  sponsorship & corporate sales will have taken a massive boost this season & I'm sure will be looking health in the next figures.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Rangers are a "Brand".  Over the past few years it will have been difficult for business development & marketing people to sell that brand to those willing to play the big bucks.

 

Similar to any football club, the majority of revenue comes upfront from season tickets.  After that it then comes down to things like sponsorship & corporate sales - game by game.  When you are riding on the crest of a wave, it's easy to sell the product for a premium - champions league matches etc.

 

We are getting there.  sponsorship & corporate sales will have taken a massive boost this season & I'm sure will be looking health in the next figures.

To a degree but really we are still very much a football club.

 

What I mean by that is that we very much depend on our football results to develop financially.

IMO we need to win the title and get into the CL group stages to turn things around.

 

IMO. a serious 'brand' in football is basically those at the very top end of European football who can generate relatively huge amounts of money via deals with large corporations. Those brands are strong enough, that they might soon not even have to depend on performance to get into elite competition.

 

AC Milan have done diddily squat for years yet they appear to be a potential founder member of a rumoured breakaway league for the powerful and their guests. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

To a degree but really we are still very much a football club.

 

What I mean by that is that we very much depend on our football results to develop financially.

IMO we need to win the title and get into the CL group stages to turn things around.

 

IMO. a serious 'brand' in football is basically those at the very top end of European football who can generate relatively huge amounts of money via deals with large corporations. Those brands are strong enough, that they might soon not even have to depend on performance to get into elite competition.

 

AC Milan have done diddily squat for years yet they appear to be a potential founder member of a rumoured breakaway league for the powerful and their guests. 

Results & the success of the brand go hand in hand....that was my point.  You simply can't charge top whack, playing in the 2nd division.  We are starting to claw that back though.  We have a manager to has single handed raised the profile of the brand, simply by who he is.  Our current Euro run will be doing wonders for corporate clients.

 

Overall the team/club is generating positive media coverage & interest - that will drive up revenue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Results & the success of the brand go hand in hand....that was my point.  You simply can't charge top whack, playing in the 2nd division.  We are starting to claw that back though.  We have a manager to has single handed raised the profile of the brand, simply by who he is.  Our current Euro run will be doing wonders for corporate clients.

 

Overall the team/club is generating positive media coverage & interest - that will drive up revenue.

To that degree, yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I never see are figures projecting future financial performance, which would be hugely interesting. Not in an annual financial report of course but surely the club has a financial plan that must include broad targets, assumptions, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

One thing I never see are figures projecting future financial performance, which would be hugely interesting. Not in an annual financial report of course but surely the club has a financial plan that must include broad targets, assumptions, etc. 

Will never happen.....Companies generally won't make their business plans public in any format.  It wouldn't be in the best interests of the company.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Darthter said:

Will never happen.....Companies generally won't make their business plans public in any format.  It wouldn't be in the best interests of the company.

Well, aside from the fact that Companies DO (though are not obligated to) provide their forward looking EPS numbers.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, craig said:

Well, aside from the fact that Companies DO (though are not obligated to) provide their forward looking EPS numbers.....

can you imagine the uproar if Rangers failed to meet any of those targets???

They get EVERY statement they put out analysed in minute detail & criticised by their OWN fans, what would it be like with financial projections??

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

can you imagine the uproar if Rangers failed to meet any of those targets???

They get EVERY statement they put out analysed in minute detail & criticised by their OWN fans, what would it be like with financial projections??

 

I'm not advocating it Darthter, I'm just pointing out it does happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.