Annual results / AGM 27th November

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

It’s an obligation for publicly traded companies I think

I can only really speak about the US rather than the UK but in the US it is NOT an obligation for publicly traded companies to provide forward looking projections.

Surely a football club cannot produce a detailed future plan as results are on a weekly basis and cannot be seen years in advance. We will be 3rd in 2019 2nd in 2020 and champions in 2021is something that is hoped rather than predicted.

11 minutes ago, pete said:

Surely a football club cannot produce a detailed future plan as results are on a weekly basis and cannot be seen years in advance. We will be 3rd in 2019 2nd in 2020 and champions in 2021is something that is hoped rather than predicted.

I will be looking for nothing less than a minimum second at the end of this season. There have been problems killing off opposition who simply park the bus and that's effectively almost all of them. But i'm hoping for the answer to that to emerge no later than the close of the January window.

In the meantime we have to remain within touching distance of the top which we currently are.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I will be looking for nothing less than a minimum second at the end of this season. There have been problems killing off opposition who simply park the bus and that's effectively almost all of them. But i'm hoping for the answer to that to emerge no later than the close of the January window.

In the meantime we have to remain within touching distance of the top which we currently are.

I wasn't really meaning Rangers in this just that you cannot project that as a football team as a given fact.

1 hour ago, pete said:

It’s called Safe Harbor.  Forward looking statements ARE allowed and it is implicit that management can’t be held to account when they don’t go as planned.

Many, many businesses will plan years in advance, it’s called part of the medium or long term strategy and financial projections form part of that. 

It's pretty much impossible to plan ahead as far as Euro participation income goes and that's my major concern for the near term future. As things stand Euro group stage qualification is our only path to some major extra income and while we may be pretty much guaranteed to be capable of gaining a Euro spot in the league long term actually qualifying for group stages is another thing entirely.

Forward business plans are crucial to any business - it helps plan for future spending, budgets etc.  It can also be crucial for any required external funding or potential investors to give them an idea of how the club/business is going to be run.

In the goldfish bowl that is Glasgow football, publishing such a plan would be a terrible move as it would open the board up to no end of criticism.  Look at the flack DK got about investing £30m of his kids inheritance....