Windass On Kenny Miller

Windass just proved to me in that interview why he's not at the club.  The only managers he's ever rated are the ones that "let him do what he wants", and he "doesn't listen to coaches because they've not played football at the highest level so don't know what they're talking about".  He was also apparently happy after the 5-1 loss to Celtic "because he played brilliantly".  Really!?!?  He lacks any discipline or regard for his team/coaches and I'm glad he's gone.  If that was anyone else from a different club I think I'd have been mildly amused.  With him I just found myself getting annoyed.  Looks like we did a great piece of business in selling him when we did.

Edited by Gaffer

A senior member of the Rangers team told someone I know that “Windass is thick as fuck and he’s one of those players who would get a manager the sack”.

Interestingly, when Windass says he “didn’t listen”.... this exact same senior member of the team has said exactly that.... “I try to help him but he doesn’t listen to anybody”.

if Rangers hadn’t sold him in August and he showed that level of disrespect to someone like Gerrard he’d have been out on his ear in January.

how stupid do you have to be to say those things on the record ?  What manager would be tempted to take him on knowing that he doesn’t listen to them ?

his father is thick as shit but I suspect his son is even thicker.

7 hours ago, craig said:

A senior member of the Rangers team told someone I know that “Windass is thick as fuck and he’s one of those players who would get a manager the sack”.

Interestingly, when Windass says he “didn’t listen”.... this exact same senior member of the team has said exactly that.... “I try to help him but he doesn’t listen to anybody”.

if Rangers hadn’t sold him in August and he showed that level of disrespect to someone like Gerrard he’d have been out on his ear in January.

how stupid do you have to be to say those things on the record ?  What manager would be tempted to take him on knowing that he doesn’t listen to them ?

his father is thick as shit but I suspect his son is even thicker.

That is a shocking statement and shows how thick he is. I don't think he meant it as he said it but just to put out that doubt is stupidity. I think in a stupid way he meant at youth level he preferred to listen to his father than trainers that have never kicked a ball at a high level.

57 minutes ago, pete said:

That is a shocking statement and shows how thick he is. I don't think he meant it as he said it but just to put out that doubt is stupidity. I think in a stupid way he meant at youth level he preferred to listen to his father than trainers that have never kicked a ball at a high level.

If you are right then he learned a bad habit, because the person that came from was a senior member of the Rangers 1st team at the time he said it (last season).....

3 hours ago, craig said:

If you are right then he learned a bad habit, because the person that came from was a senior member of the Rangers 1st team at the time he said it (last season).....

Sorry Craig I was thinking in my own head about his statement about coaches who had never kicked a ball and not really reacting to what you said. You are right if he does this with professional coaches then he is going down a one-way street in the wrong direction.