Summer clear out

Guest Bluetooth

Rae is defo for the off. Hopefully Sionko will go too. Buffel has been a major disappointment but a great player on his day so I'd be happy for him to stay if he can get some consistency about him.

Bluetooth, why do you want McGregor and Boyd to go? I'm not a huge Boyd fan but if he can get a quality player to partner him up front then he could score more goals next season.

Would love to see that wee fanny Burke go. Utter disappointment this season!

I think MacGregor and Burke have Just signed new contracts and are an integral part of the squad - as are Boyd and Adam.

There's not much chance of any of them leaving without a very tempting cash offer from the Premiership or abroad.

I predict Murray will stay as he will be difficult to move on until the end of his contract but in any case is a decent squad player.

Klos and Prso are also leaving which frees up two of the largest wages.

Rae is definitely going and I think we will try to get rid of Buffel.

Sionko is unwanted but will also be hard to move on considering his wage and nationality - ie his natural buyer would be Czech or Slovak but they can't afford his wages.

Svensson is a difficult one to predict. Again his wage precludes him from returning to Gothenburg, except maybe on loan, and it also depends on whether Walter sees any promise in him.

Guest Bluetooth

"Bluetooth, why do you want McGregor and Boyd to go? I'm not a huge Boyd fan but if he can get a quality player to partner him up front then he could score more goals next season"

Saturdays events during the minutes silence didnt help but I think McGregor is still very very suspect at cross balls and he lost a few stupid goals earlier in the season through this.

Whilst Boyd is undoubtedly a good finisher against inferior opposition I still think he doesnt give us enough in terms of effort or options and when he is playing we tend to adjust to suit his style.

Gets caught offside far too often as well.

People compare his goalscoring to McCoist at his peak but McCoist put in a better shift and was a much better team player.

FWIW I think McGregor has improved this season. Not as much/visibly as Hutton, but I do think he's more confident and less prone to flapping than he was at the start of the season. Its a fine line between coming for cross balls and just not coming for them at all. At least when he comes for them, he tends to get something on them, regardless of how many players he has to go through. I think one of Klos' big weaknesses was his lack to do this.

I think McGregor has done more than enough to warrant being our number 1 next season. Maybe WS will want to sign a more experienced, international keeper, but as with a number of other players, we won't know if WS rates them until he has the chance to replace them.

As for Boyd, I don't think we adjust to suit his style, I just think he needs to work a bit harder on the pitch to try to get in to the game instead of waiting for everything to come to him. Like a few other players, I think its harsh to judge him considering how this season has gone and how inconsistent the team selection and tactics have been.

No point selling him though, is there? Our top scorer? Unless we sign a better replacement obviously.

They both need to be hammered for their behaviour at the weekend though.

Guest Bluetooth

Would you take £1 million for McGregor and £1.5 million for Boyd if this was offered?

(figures off the top of my head btw)

McGregor

Burke

Boyd

Svensson

Adam

I wouldnt get rid of these guys quite yet, and i dont think WS would even think about it unless they all have horrible seasons next year. They're all young enough to learn and the coaching staff will be doing just that in pre-season.

The rest, apart from Novo, i would be ok with getting rid of. Novo has become less of a striker and more of a run his ass off the whole game type winger. :)