HJK Helsinki

Should caveat that I only saw RTV's highlights but I was impressed with the way HJK played and I wonder if the club are thinking of starting up an official or unofficial feeder club link with them. I think it was Craig Mulholland who said recently that our kids aren't getting the playing experience they need in the lower Scottish divisions because of the style of football and I'm sure he mentioned the possibility of playing in Scandinavia where they play much more on the deck.

I watched some highlights of the kid we're linked with Skov Olsen and again you could see straight away that the sides in Denmark play a similar game to us playing primarily on the ground. 

It seems it would be very prudent for the the club to strike up a relationship or two with some Scandinavian clubs like Helsinki in order to get a first option on their young talent as well as getting our own guys better exprience than they'll get at Stenhousemuir getting clattered challenging for high balls all the time. 

Edited by DMAA

52 minutes ago, buster. said:

Simplistic argument but if you are going to play a certain style, isn't it better to be finding ways of making it work against agricultural tactics from the get-go ?

The point I think Craig Mulholland made and I am making is that you want our players playing in a team who play the same style of football we play. And that being a style of football which actually gets the players on the ball and looking to break teams down. That way the experience and skills they gain are transferable to the 1st team at Rangers. It must be frustrating for the academy guys drilling a style of football into their players, only to watch them stuggle to get the ball passed to their feet when they go out on loan.