Dave King apologises to Steve Clarke

Well, sectarianism isn't religion only ...

Sectarianism is a form of bigotry, discrimination, or hatred arising from attaching relations of inferiority and superiority to differences between subdivisions within a group. Common examples are denominations of a religion, ethnic identity, class, or region for citizens of a state and factions of a political movement.

Ireland was deeply scarred by religious sectarianism following the Protestant Reformation as tensions between the native Catholic Irish and Protestant settlers from Britain led to massacres and attempts at ethnic cleaning by both sides during the Irish Rebellion of 1641, Cromwellian conquest of Ireland, Irish Rebellion of 1798 and the Home Rule Crisis of 1912. The invasion of Ireland by English parliamentarian forces under Oliver Cromwell in 1659 was notoriously brutal and witnessed the widespread ethnic cleansing of the native Irish. The failure of the Rebellion of 1798, which sought to unite Protestants and Catholics for an independent Ireland, helped cause more sectarian violence in the island, most infamously the Scullabogue Barn massacre, in which Protestants were burned alive in County Wexford. The British response, which included the public executions of dozens of suspected rebels in Dunlavin and Carnew, along with other violence perpetrated by all sides, ended the hope that Protestants and Catholics could work together for Ireland.

After the Partition of Ireland in 1922, Northern Ireland witnessed decades of intensified conflict, tension, and sporadic violence between the dominant Protestant majority and the Catholic minority, which in 1969 finally erupted into 25 years of violence known as “The Troubles” between Irish Republicans whose goal is a United Ireland and Ulster loyalists who wish for Northern Ireland to remain a part of the United Kingdom. The conflict was primarily fought over the existence of the Northern Irish state rather than religion, though sectarian relations within Northern Ireland fueled the conflict. However, religion is commonly used as a marker to differentiate the two sides of the community. The Catholic minority primarily favour the nationalist, and to some degree, republican, goal of unity with the Republic of Ireland, while the Protestant majority favour Northern Ireland continuing the union with Great Britain.

Northern Ireland has introduced a Private Day of Reflection,[4] since 2007, to mark the transition to a post-[sectarian] conflict society, an initiative of the cross-community Healing through Remembering[5] organisation and research project.

... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectarianism

Go from there to Irish Republicans -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_republicanism

... and you get all the required definitions of sectarianism and F'enian/-s

Edited by der Berliner

Cheer Up Stevie Clarke!

It comes as no surprise to the members of Vanguardbears that the usual suspects have reared their ugly heads to have a go at Rangers Football Club and our fans, after all it’s what they live for and they couldn’t stick the knife in quick enough. We all know who they are!

Personally, I don’t think Stevie Clark is a ****** and I don’t know the marital status of his parents when he was born, but let’s be honest being called a ****** must be one of the worse insults ever directed at anyone; a group of murdering cowards who slaughtered innocent men, woman, children and race horses. They also selected their victims based on their nationality and religion so I suppose they could also be labelled as sectarian and racist.  No wonder Stevie was beeling.

Let’s cut to the chase though; ****** isn’t a religion and it never will be. The word ****** isn’t sectarian.

•  They have no Sabbath or religious festivals.

•  They have no Deity, saints or prophets.

•  They have no place of worship unless you consider singing PIRA songs at Parkhead.

•  They have no scriptures.

•  They have no head of their church.

•  Other than their support for the murder of British people it’s hard to understand what it is exactly they worship.

If we go into more detail it quickly becomes apparent that ******s aren’t exclusively Protestant or Roman Catholic. Some of the most prominent ******s were Protestant.  Is that why Stevie was raging?

On the other hand, the Orange Order is a Charitable Christian organisation which is exclusively populated by members of the Reformed faith, therefore “Orange Bastard” is extremely sectarian and intolerant of someone’s faith, and though Kris Boyd might not be a member of the organisation I can only assume the Celtic fans’ intolerance towards his religion was their motivation.  In fact a stream of recent Rangers managers have been subjected to the “Orange Bastard” chant - strangely none of the usual suspects thought it worthy of a mention.

Cheer up Stevie Clarke; we know you’re not a ****** so stop acting like one.

https://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=249&a=cheer-up-stevie-clark

Wonder how he is tonight after all he had no fans that would sing against him,more than likely, so it would come down to the result,maybe the officials got something wrong as his team got beaten.

Maybe it will be the playing surface,not really IMO as it is the same crap surface that his mob play on.

Well I suppose he'll sit up all night crying as he should have nowt to comment on so "CHEER UP STEVIE CLARKE".

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Cheer Up Stevie Clarke!

It comes as no surprise to the members of Vanguardbears that the usual suspects have reared their ugly heads to have a go at Rangers Football Club and our fans, after all it’s what they live for and they couldn’t stick the knife in quick enough. We all know who they are!

Personally, I don’t think Stevie Clark is a ****** and I don’t know the marital status of his parents when he was born, but let’s be honest being called a ****** must be one of the worse insults ever directed at anyone; a group of murdering cowards who slaughtered innocent men, woman, children and race horses. They also selected their victims based on their nationality and religion so I suppose they could also be labelled as sectarian and racist.  No wonder Stevie was beeling.

Let’s cut to the chase though; ****** isn’t a religion and it never will be. The word ****** isn’t sectarian.

•  They have no Sabbath or religious festivals.

•  They have no Deity, saints or prophets.

•  They have no place of worship unless you consider singing PIRA songs at Parkhead.

•  They have no scriptures.

•  They have no head of their church.

•  Other than their support for the murder of British people it’s hard to understand what it is exactly they worship.

If we go into more detail it quickly becomes apparent that ******s aren’t exclusively Protestant or Roman Catholic. Some of the most prominent ******s were Protestant.  Is that why Stevie was raging?

On the other hand, the Orange Order is a Charitable Christian organisation which is exclusively populated by members of the Reformed faith, therefore “Orange Bastard” is extremely sectarian and intolerant of someone’s faith, and though Kris Boyd might not be a member of the organisation I can only assume the Celtic fans’ intolerance towards his religion was their motivation.  In fact a stream of recent Rangers managers have been subjected to the “Orange Bastard” chant - strangely none of the usual suspects thought it worthy of a mention.

Cheer up Stevie Clarke; we know you’re not a ****** so stop acting like one.

https://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=249&a=cheer-up-stevie-clark

"On the other hand, the Orange Order is a Charitable Christian organisation which is exclusively populated by members of the Reformed faith"

Just based on personal experience but anyone I've ever encountered from OO couldn't tell you the first thing about their reformed faith and have never been in a church in their lives. 

Honestly, this stuff is bewildering. Stop trying to argue around the semantics of the words. The abuse is horrible and needs to stop. Just concentrate on football ffs. No wonder I encourage my wee boy into anything but football. 

8 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

"On the other hand, the Orange Order is a Charitable Christian organisation which is exclusively populated by members of the Reformed faith"

Just based on personal experience but anyone I've ever encountered from OO couldn't tell you the first thing about their reformed faith and have never been in a church in their lives. 

Honestly, this stuff is bewildering. Stop trying to argue around the semantics of the words. The abuse is horrible and needs to stop. Just concentrate on football ffs. No wonder I encourage my wee boy into anything but football

I can’t understand why you’re still here if you feel so offended. 

Edited by Bill

8 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Can people be in the OO never having been in a church in their lives? 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Can people be in the OO never having been in a church in their lives? 

The problem isn't the Orange Order people marching it is the drunken idiots that hang on to it that cause the problems. I even have known Catholics in the past that loved going to watch the Orange bands

4 hours ago, pete said:

The problem isn't the Orange Order people marching it is the drunken idiots that hang on to it that cause the problems. I even have known Catholics in the past that loved going to watch the Orange bands

Totally agree see my post #67 in selective hearing topic but only I call the drunks pavement followers.