SNP proposes a new currency for Scotland

7 hours ago, buster. said:

As well as systems, there is a notable lack of talent/leadership in modern politics.

Never a truer word said.

On 30/03/2019 at 06:16, buster. said:

Generally, I reckon it's about a game of 'keep Kicking the can down the road' until either it all goes bang again (worse than 2008) followed by a more general yellow jacket plus uprising or major geo-political shifts/major conflict.

There are major issues ahead and generally, for differing reasons, most of the main political systems aren't fit for purpose wrt representing the interests of the people. As well as systems, there is a notable lack of talent/leadership in modern politics.

Agreed. It’s a bit of a conundrum but I don’t believe those who wish to be politicians should be allowed to be politicians.

On 05/04/2019 at 16:16, StuGers said:

Agreed. It’s a bit of a conundrum but I don’t believe those who wish to be politicians should be allowed to be politicians.

If the political system becomes unfit for purpose then what follows will be relatively chaotic with a higher degree of unpredictability than is the norm.

That is where politics currently is throughout many different Countries and Unions, including the UK and the EU.

We are heading towards a very bad place.

The only doubt is about timescale and what exact shape it will take.