The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

53 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

No way will we command or get £3m for Wes. He's hardly kicked a ball in the last 14 or 15 months. 

I did say that was what we should have got a year ago, when we should have sold him and kept Alnwick as back up.

If this is the last year of his contract we have handled this badly.

12 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I did say that was what we should have got a year ago, when we should have sold him and kept Alnwick as back up.

If this is the last year of his contract we have handled this badly.

I realise we all rate players differently, but in my opinion we'd never get more than 500k (and that's pushing it) for Wes, regardless of it being last summer or this one.  He's a decent keeper and I'm glad we've kept him as our backup for this season.  He isn't good enough as our main keeper but when he goes he will be fondly remembered for his services to the club.

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

The lad sure has talent and IMHO, we should have snatched him up from Ayr (?) and loaned him out like Hastie. Granted, it is all just Championship level, but peopel have to start somewhere. As it stand, the Arabs will want hard cash now.

Aston Villa are set to keep close tabs on Rangers star Alfredo Morelos as they set aside £20million-plus for a new striker in the January window, Football Insider has learned.

The Midlands giants spent nearly £150million on 12 new signings over the summer but plans to recruit two orthodox front men failed to come to fruition.

A Villa source has told Football Insider that Dean Smith and the club hierarchy will make a new move for a striker in the winter window who can compete with Wesley Moraes for a starting spot.

Morelos is among those to be targeted by the Premier League club as they look to land a proven goalscorer with his best years ahead of him.

The Colombia international has scored 13 goals from 17 appearances this season and delivered his latest outstanding performance in last weekend’s 5-0 mauling of Aberdeen.

Morelos, 23, has also showed signs of reducing the temperamental flaws that have bedevilled his three seasons in Glasgow.

He was sent off five times last season, but has received just three bookings in the new campaign following strong criticism from Steven Gerrard of his 2018-19 conduct.

The disciplinary issues ended Rangers’ hopes of securing a major summer transfer fee from a European club for a player they value at above £15million.

Morelos signed a new contract in March that runs until the summer of 2023 and is one of the best paid players in Scotland.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/villa-plot-transfer-missions-for-rangers-player-as-20m-set-aside-for-jan-swoop-ibrox-exclusive/

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

I think it might.

Tierney signing raised the bar + players cost more in the winter window. An injury prone LB or a player who has not been injured in at least 2 seasons and has scored more than 30 goals. He can't cost less than Tierrney surely.