Jump to content

 

 

VanguardBears are to join protests against Glasgow City Council


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

It wouldnt surprise me John if this had been "leaked" deliberately.  A cynical attempt to woo voters of a particular mindset - a hatred of all things Rangers

I think it fair to say that the current level of general hatred towards Rangers has never been greater (at least in my memory).

It's a spiders web that IMO has never been wider,... some are obvious, even traditional, others are relatively new in their level of bitterness, etc. 

You have to ask why and it's not one specific answer. It's a complex answer where our own actions or lack of them play a part.

 

Confrontation is a part of life but the cliches, boxing clever and picking your battles come to mind.

I've stated on several occasions that generally, we don't do politics very well and we have tended to go where the opposition have either guided us towards or have been comfortable with. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

But it's compatible to be a Rangers supporter and support other parties who have links with terrorists, or parties who support illegal wars, or parties who ignore the people after democratic events????

 

For most people, their views on certain issues are more important than the team they support.  I'd vote for any party that I felt would be better for me, my family, friends, and country.  If they're good for my team too, it would be a bonus.  Yes, I can't stand certain politicians' attitudes towards the club we support, but what I dislike even more is attempts to divide our support by suggesting nonsense like this.  You've made your opinions known before, so let me make mine again ..... YOU do more damage to our support than these politicians do.

 

Thankfully, the majority of our support (and vast majority) are smart enough to know that the team you support and the issues important to their own families and friends can be managed completely independently of one another.  Rangers is very important to me but by no means even close to what's most important.  I'm sure others feel the same way.  I just wish there was someone I could vote for.  I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Excellent riposte to a ridiculous assertion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think it fair to say that the current level of general hatred towards Rangers has never been greater (at least in my memory).

It's a spiders web that IMO has never been wider,... some are obvious, even traditional, others are relatively new in their level of bitterness, etc. 

You have to ask why and it's not one specific answer. It's a complex answer where our own actions or lack of them play a part.

 

Confrontation is a part of life but the cliches, boxing clever and picking your battles come to mind.

I've stated on several occasions that generally, we don't do politics very well and we have tended to go where the opposition have either guided us towards or have been comfortable with. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hatred is at an all time high and we have division within our own fan base which reflects politics more generally, and in my opinion some Rangers fans are also trying to exploit the situation against some genuine Rangers fans for political ends. It’s a terrible scenario really. 

 

Imperative to try and keep politics out of our club but given SNP in Glasgow/West Coast in particular are very anti Rangers we must defend ourselves. That should not mean turning the argument inwards  with some Rangers fans saying others are not true supporters it should mean attacking our detractors. 

 

I note the West Coast media cottoned on to this story not to protect Rangers but to protect labour. Reading between the lines they are saying labour is being smeared by association with Rangers, they are not saying Rangers are the victims of the SNP.  We really need to stick together and attack all our detractors and not each other (that point not so much for this forum but it’s blatant on others). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Thankfully, the majority of our support (and vast majority) are smart enough to know that the team you support and the issues important to their own families and friends can be managed completely independently of one another.  .

That's fine in theory, but they don't manage them independently. One is managed and one is ignored.

 

They vote for Rangers haters and do nothing to change the views of the party that they support. They come on here and consistently take the side of the Rangers-hating politicians and try and justify the attitude of those who look to damage our club.

 

If Rangers isn't important enough to you to take into account when deciding who to vote for then fair enough, and I doubt it's the be-all and end-all to anyone but it's certainly a factor and not an issue to ignore.

 

We're talking about politicians who prevent Rangers getting a fanzone, who actively support our biggest rivals in a number of ways and yet Bill is a bigger threat than them because he prioritises Rangers? I really don't get that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

That's fine in theory, but they don't manage them independently. One is managed and one is ignored.

 

They vote for Rangers haters and do nothing to change the views of the party that they support. They come on here and consistently take the side of the Rangers-hating politicians and try and justify the attitude of those who look to damage our club.

 

If Rangers isn't important enough to you to take into account when deciding who to vote for then fair enough, and I doubt it's the be-all and end-all to anyone but it's certainly a factor and not an issue to ignore.

 

We're talking about politicians who prevent Rangers getting a fanzone, who actively support our biggest rivals in a number of ways and yet Bill is a bigger threat than them because he prioritises Rangers? I really don't get that.

1

Its a funny argument this BD - criticism of fans who base support of  political party relative to their sporting affiliation, but no criticism of politicians who make their political decisions designed  to inflict harm on a football club.

Edited by D'Artagnan
missed word
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We're talking about politicians who prevent Rangers getting a fanzone, who actively support our biggest rivals in a number of ways and yet Bill is a bigger threat than them because he prioritises Rangers? I really don't get that.

Totally agree. You would have to question the motives of those who project the narrative the he is?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Its a funny argument this BD - criticism of fans who base support of  political party relative to their sporting affiliation, but no criticism of politicians who make their political decisions designed  to inflict harm on a football club.

Convenient, isn't it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

It wouldnt surprise me John if this had been "leaked" deliberately.  A cynical attempt to woo voters of a particular mindset - a hatred of all things Rangers

I could be wrong but I think it was Mark Dingwall who got the scoop originally, and I doubt he would be someone who would be used in that manner.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.