signing rumours

Guest stuarty66

I'm just wondering, in all this talk about Naismith, whether the lad himself feels insulted by the offer we put in for him and whether this could have a bearing on where he ends up.

We all know that strikers have to have a certain arrogance and cockiness, despite the fact that Naismith seems a very down to earth lad. Therefore i'm thinking he has in his own head a value for what he's worth at least. And then for us to go in with what I feel was an insulting offer, is he likely to go 'sod them, if that's all they think i'm worth' ?

Someone mentioned above that Killie won't deal with Celtic because they don't want to see Naismith just end up on the bench. Killie couldn't give a stuff where he ends up if they get �£2 million for him. And they'd sure as hell rather deal with that kind of money than the offer we put in.

Malky

Agree with that if Killie get 2 mill for Naismith they won't give a shit if he plays or not.

Rangers really must start making realistic bids though, yes you start with a low bid but it does have to be realistic and not laughable. We seem to think because we fucked Dundee in their hour of need we can do it to everyone.

It would seem more logical to me if Killie PREFERRED Naismith was on the bench for another team. They get the money and while they are weakened, another SPL team are not significantly strengthened and it's less likely he'll come back to haunt them.

Im still not fully understanding everyones wish for Naismith to sign.

Is he really that good?

Personally I put it in the same boat as Kevin Thomson, Kris Boyd, Broadfoot and Gow - players who add to the squad but dont impress me for a title challenging starting XI.

In Thomsons case we need midfielders who can tackle and pass but you could count on one hand with a few fingers left over how many games he impressed in since January.

But the rest just remind me in Cleland, Bollan, Bo Andersen and Co from Smiths first era.

bo's a legend because of those two goals he scored against celtic, so i wont have a bad word said about him.

Those 2 goals were classics.

I should have used Salenko instead then! :)

It would seem more logical to me if Killie PREFERRED Naismith was on the bench for another team. They get the money and while they are weakened, another SPL team are not significantly strengthened and it's less likely he'll come back to haunt them.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't understand the post suggesting that Killie would prefer that a player signed and played 1st team football against them (other than obviously wishing a player well and doing well in the future).

If you look at how many times Boyd has scored against Killie since coming to the Gers you KNOW that they would have preferred him to sit on the bench at another team !