19 hours ago, Rick Roberts said:

If groups want to do there own thing then there should be strength in that. It allows different roads to be followed. Which at any point one will be the right road, and we all get on board.

As an example - the vanguard bears do their own thing and do a lot of digging and messy, thankless work. But there must be times when that info and knowledge has to be of use to the club or club1872 or whoever. 

Agree on the marginalisation point. It's too easy to dig in. But this is where there has to be a message or understanding about what fights to pick. (i.e. you don't beat John Mason by calling him a DFB, you beat him by voting him out and helping Rangers beat his team). 

Absolutely, individuals and separate groups will always be able to do their own thing, it's natural and can be a positive, especially if everyone is pushing in the same direction. 

However, when it comes to your point about Marginal Gains, it would surely often need a degree of understanding, agreement and co-ordination for it to stand a chance of being effective.

A good example of individual initiative is here on this forum,..26th and his excellent thread on Pacific Quay.

Now, think about the ongoing situation between the club and bbc Scotland, your idea of marginal gains and looking for a solution.

Edited by buster.

8 hours ago, buster. said:

However, when it comes to your point about Marginal Gains, it would surely often need a degree of understanding, agreement and co-ordination for it to stand a chance of being effective.

A good example of individual initiative is here on this forum,..26th and his excellent thread on Pacific Quay.

Now, think about the ongoing situation between the club and bbc Scotland, your idea of marginal gains and looking for a solution.

Yep, i think that's the frustration (leading to these articles). There's no obvious co-ordination or planning or scheming. Maybe its all football focused just now - which i can understand.

Ideally, I'd be expecting a few more "bridgeheads" in the press - our own McLaughlin somewhere in the MSM. A bit more co-ordinated pressure on the BBC (through side comments or stuff leaked to tabloids, forums etc). Even have Gerrard or Mark Allen talk to someone like Lineker (or whoever) and have a few pot shots at PQ. I'd have liked to see some courting of Rangers friendly politicians. It's all very isolated just now.

Maybe it's happening and we just dont see it. But the problem is if it isn't happening then its time wasted. 

39 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Yep, i think that's the frustration (leading to these articles). There's no obvious co-ordination or planning or scheming. Maybe its all football focused just now - which i can understand.

Ideally, I'd be expecting a few more "bridgeheads" in the press - our own McLaughlin somewhere in the MSM. A bit more co-ordinated pressure on the BBC (through side comments or stuff leaked to tabloids, forums etc). Even have Gerrard or Mark Allen talk to someone like Lineker (or whoever) and have a few pot shots at PQ. I'd have liked to see some courting of Rangers friendly politicians. It's all very isolated just now.

Maybe it's happening and we just dont see it. But the problem is if it isn't happening then its time wasted. 

I agree with your sentiment, but isn't this the role of the PR team at Ibrox rather than the support? In the large organisations I've been around there is a coordinated approach to building or protecting the brand.  I realise football clubs are just small businesses but we have a PR team and I wonder what they spend their time doing.  I don't see anything constructive from them.

8 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I agree with your sentiment, but isn't this the role of the PR team at Ibrox rather than the support? In the large organisations I've been around there is a coordinated approach to building or protecting the brand.  I realise football clubs are just small businesses but we have a PR team and I wonder what they spend their time doing.  I don't see anything constructive from them.

Yeah, i agree. Ultimately it should be. There's a hierarchy where we can all do a bit  - club > men of means > group leaders > your average fan. 

This is the frustration. There's a huge free resource, the PR team should be using it. 

Of course, there's wider issues that aren't or cannot be all on the club (culture, politics etc). Which is why we should all be getting a bit more aware. Again, there's a hierarchy that should be driving those too.