·
19h

#GretaThunberg UPDATE: It transpires that the five people bringing the boat back from NYC will first fly over to the States, meaning in total Greta’s PR trip will end up creating six times the emissions it would have done if she’d just flown over to begin with…
Edited by forlanssister
On 17/08/2019 at 09:38, forlanssister said:

·
19h

#GretaThunberg UPDATE: It transpires that the five people bringing the boat back from NYC will first fly over to the States, meaning in total Greta’s PR trip will end up creating six times the emissions it would have done if she’d just flown over to begin with…

That AND a vomit slick from Finisterre to America. I bet air travel never looked so good 😂🤢🤭🤮

This situation sums up the narcissistic nature of the modern West.  It doesn't matter that you ARE doing the right thing.  It matters that it LOOKS like you are doing the right thing.  

Embarrassing for all involved (well, it would be if they had any ability to assess their own actions).

Any word on the misogynistic posts from Uilleam yet?

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

This situation sums up the narcissistic nature of the modern West.  It doesn't matter that you ARE doing the right thing.  It matters that it LOOKS like you are doing the right thing.  

Embarrassing for all involved (well, it would be if they had any ability to assess their own actions).

Any word on the misogynistic posts from Uilleam yet?

@Uilleam can speak for himself but I agree with his point.  

For example,  your own first post on the thread is arguably misogynistic in the way you characterised emotional feelings or thoughts in a negative manner because its a female expressing them... or the "feminisation of society" and "emotion defeats reason" as you said in in response to Bill's  misogynistic reference to her as a "naive bintette".

Seems pretty much bang to rights.

I think you need to re-read the definition of misogyny, stewarty.  

I think men are more inclined towards violence than women.  That doesn't mean I hate  or harbour prejudice against men.  It's just an observation.   

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think you need to re-read the definition of misogyny, stewarty.  

I think men are more inclined towards violence than women.  That doesn't mean I hate  or harbour prejudice against men.  It's just an observation.   

You contributed to the belittling of a young woman on the basis of her gender.   Have you got anything else to say or is it just fair game because you don't agree with her?

10 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

If with zero qualification to do so, you decide to hector the world you must be ready for some bits of the world to answer back. 

Are you excusing misogynistic language and attitudes?  It is possible to disagree strongly with the points she makes, even dismiss them if you feel the need, without making it about her gender.  

Edited by stewarty
1 hour ago, stewarty said:

You contributed to the belittling of a young woman on the basis of her gender.   Have you got anything else to say or is it just fair game because you don't agree with her?

My comment about politics was a general one and had nothing to do with Thunberg's gender.

Re-read the comment whilst you re-read the definition of misogyny.