Neil Cameron on the Rangers support

Just now, ranger_syntax said:

Yeah, me neither.

Hope you have not inadvertently circulated misinformation about Rangers supporters.

Eh? I posted an article by a “journalist” all the words are his, not mine.

Just now, BEARGER said:

Eh? I posted an article by a “journalist” all the words are his, not mine.

Hate to be the one to tell you but this can be described as circulation.

It is the act of circulating his words.

It is very clear that this is inadvertent though since you certainly don't understand your actions.

19 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

It is very clear that this is inadvertent though since you certainly don't understand your actions.

Wings Over Bath is easily noted.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

All I did was post an article by a journalist just like others on here have done on many occasions. Obviously due to my political viewpoint you wish to make it something it ain’t. I will continue to post articles about our club unless told to stop from Frankie.

18 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Who was the first high profile catholic to sign?  I honestly thought it was MoJo.  I do however remember people expressing the anti catholic view at the time, and threatening to rip up their season tickets.  It was especially visible that first day at Ibrox.

I haven't seen the wider article that mentions our worse than Nazi politics?  Where is it published?

I thought it read largely positive but I've only read what was published here, and not the other points you've mentioned.

18 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Neil has a piece in today's Herald, 'Five things we learned as Celtic breeze through Estonian test'. Number two of things learned is, 'Celtic shouldn't have to play Euro-qualifiers'. He utilises four paragraphs to explain ra Sellik are just too good for the standard of opposition. I don't think ra Sellik being special will cut it with UEFA? Of course, Neil should provide some pertinent evidence to support his emotive plea.

It's akin to his take on Rangers and diversity, "okay, we know a few left footers slipped through the net". This is stated to assuage his obvious reluctance in describing Rangers signing of MoJo as, "the first high profile RC". As stated before, Rangers signed as many RCs in their first fifty years as other Scots clubs(outside those clubs deliberately founded to play RCs ie ra Sellik, Hibs, Dundee Hibs, ..... etc). I believe during Bill Struth's tenure, four RCs did slip through the nets? 

Clearly, it was Struth from 1919 that imposes a non RC signing policy. Why?

I penned an article nearly two decades past that attempted to explain the then reasoning, NOT to excuse the policy. Struth and Wilton were both Commissioned Officers in the Royal Army Medical Corps. They worked throughout WW1 and in Struth's case, for nearly a decade after the Armistice. Dealing with multiple soldiers'  and their horrific mutilating wounds(physical and cerebral). After WW1, those soldiers in particular felt keen betrayal reference the events in Dublin during 1916. It was in their terms, a stab in the back.

I believe Struth solicited soldiers he was helping to restore. Further, I believe it was an unacceptable and inexcusable action?

Now, Neil Cameron could do some research but he is lazy. He prefers to sit extremely comfortably with his preferred prejudice. However, the facts are out there, Neil has had to move his position from Rangers NEVER signed a catholic until MoJo, to he is the first high profile RC. The current position will not hold for much longer either. 

@26th of foot answers your question @Gaffermuch more eloquently than I could ever hope to muster.

It is worth adding that Matthew Lindsay is the Evening times resident Rangers writer, while Neil Cameron follows the bheasts. Why then, does Cameron get the gig of going to our launch, or if he didnt bother even going to it, and he is employed to report on the bheasts, why does he bother to write about us at all? Pure mischief making and hatred to put a negative slant on a Rangers story.