Jump to content
 
 
 
 
DMAA

[FT] Rangers 6 - 1 Hibernian (Defoe 9, 15, 75; Morelos 78, 89; Ojo 90+2)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Is it further evidence we have turned a corner when it comes to breaking down these park the bus strategies? The options available are just so numerous and that's aside from the Defoe and Morelos options.

Hibs didn’t park the bus though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get six points against two sides we struggled to beat last season is a great start.

 

I'm not getting carried away but the signs are positive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, craig said:

Hibs didn’t park the bus though

And yet for long periods it looked like they were and may as well have been, pinned back into pretty much the same position a park the bus side would be. I lost count of how many times the goalie saved them with not just good but great saves. The goalie was their man of the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as Heckingbottom's side looked to gain a foothold in the contest, Mackie was shown a second yellow card for a deliberate handball on the edge of his own box.

Rangers were utterly dominant thereafter, Defoe completing his hat-trick, his replacement, Alfredo Morelos, netting twice, and Sheyi Ojo firing home the sixth goal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49314486

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Just as Heckingbottom's side looked to gain a foothold in the contest, Mackie was shown a second yellow card for a deliberate handball on the edge of his own box.

Rangers were utterly dominant thereafter, Defoe completing his hat-trick, his replacement, Alfredo Morelos, netting twice, and Sheyi Ojo firing home the sixth goal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49314486

So maybe 30 of the 34 shots at goal came after they went down to 10?  Until then their goalie wasn't the difference between them and 5-0 at halftime?

I said when he went off this is what they would focus on and here it comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So maybe 30 of the 34 shots at goal came after they went down to 10?  Until then their goalie wasn't the difference between them and 5-0 at halftime?

I said when he went off this is what they would focus on and here it comes.

Given they scored before half time you may have been better placed saying difference between than and 5-1 :roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, craig said:

Given they scored before half time you may have been better placed saying difference between than and 5-1 :roflmao:

Quite, but you get the gist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.