• Niko Katic
    • Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Scott Arfield
    • Greg Stewart
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Alfredo Morelos

Davis, Stewart, Barisic and Arfield all played brilliantly and I wouldn't argue with anyone who selected any of them, but for me Alfie is just that class above them these days.  He single handedly seems to occupy (or rather terrorise) their back line.  At times yesterday they had 3 players on him to try to close him down, tackle him, and wind him up, and yet he'd still come away with the ball, or in many instances win the foul.  His turn of pace has improved, as has his link up play, and this now makes him so unpredictable to play against.  We all really need to enjoy watching this guy for the time we have him, because on these performances it won't be long before he gets his big money move.  What a player!

Good performances all round but for me our midfield was crucial to the overall display. I felt the greatest influence on the tempo and directness of the game came from Davis and Jack. I'd probably have given it to Steve Davis, who was terrific, if he'd played the whole game but he didn't and for that reason alone I give it to Ryan Jack.

My initial thought at the match was Davis and after watching the whole match again this morning i have no reason to change my vote.

Davis was immense and just got my vote ahead of Stewart who i thought was excellent. Barasic is now looking the part which is great to see.

Yes Morelos Davis Stewart Barisic and Katic were all worth a shout, but I am going for Stewart. Not because he was better but for the simple reason his was the surprise performance. What a pity he only hit the post off the long ball from Goldson otherwise we were already looking at goal of the season.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Yes Morelos Davis Stewart Barisic and Katic were all worth a shout, but I am going for Stewart. Not because he was better but for the simple reason his was the surprise performance. What a pity he only hit the post off the long ball from Goldson otherwise we were already looking at goal of the season.

Was a ball from davis

The only way we could make this MotM any more difficult is if Frankie had added their keeper to the list.  I don't know about you guys but I thought he was brilliant.  He made 4 outstanding saves, but that one he kept out from Stewart's header was one of the best saves I've ever seen.  It takes a lot for me to praise someone from their team especially, but credit where it's due.  He saved them from even greater humiliation.