Jump to content

 

 

[FT] BSC Young Boys 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

To keep the analogy going, you're talking rubbish. 

 

The dustbin was comfortably closed but our own player inexplicably opened it twice. 

 

Again, Tav was to blame, no other defender so the argument that Katic would have won us three three points is a fallacy as you simply can't account for one player throwing two goals. 

I am not just looking at the 2 goals, I am looking at the whole game. As a point Goldson and Helander didn't exactly cover themselves in glory at the first goal. The defence was certainly not a confidence boosting platform to build on. I can't say Katic would have won us the game just as you can't say he wouldn't have. So that point is just as much rubbish. Katic may or may not have cut out the cross. He is certainly far quicker than Goldson who has been shown up for speed time and time again. Katic is far stronger in the air than both of them together so the game may have taken a different wending with more confidence in the defence.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pete said:

Ah so it was more irrelevant than my dustbin!

No, because your dustbin was completely irrelevant.  I was comparing Cantona's gibberish to your gibberish, which is far more relevant to your dustbin vs worst defence analogy.

 

Glad we got there in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Frankie said:

To keep the analogy going, you're talking rubbish. 

 

The dustbin was comfortably closed but our own player inexplicably opened it twice. 

 

Again, Tav was to blame, no other defender so the argument that Katic would have won us three three points is a fallacy as you simply can't account for one player throwing two goals. 

And that, in a nutshell, is what pete's point is always about.  He has a hard-on for having Katic in the team and will invent an argument to make it correct.  Even when it isn't the case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pete said:

I am not just looking at the 2 goals, I am looking at the whole game. As a point Goldson and Helander didn't exactly cover themselves in glory at the first goal. The defence was certainly not a confidence boosting platform to build on. I can't say Katic would have won us the game just as you can't say he wouldn't have. So that point is just as much rubbish. Katic may or may not have cut out the cross. He is certainly far quicker than Goldson who has been shown up for speed time and time again. Katic is far stronger in the air than both of them together so the game may have taken a different wending with more confidence in the defence.  

Again the defence was absolutely fine for the vast majority of the game. 

 

YB had a couple of half chances in the first half but that was down to poor play from us farther up the pitch. 

 

After half time they created next to nothing. Goldson, Helander and Barisic all played well but we were let down by two brain farts from Tav. 

 

Katic, Gough, or Greig wouldn't have changed that. 

 

If we want to talk negatives, then it was the use of the ball in and around the YB box that was so poor. Ojo was the worst offender but Stewart struggled too. 

 

Blaming the defence isn't a fair reflection of why we lost. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, craig said:

And that, in a nutshell, is what pete's point is always about.  He has a hard-on for having Katic in the team and will invent an argument to make it correct.  Even when it isn't the case.

 

Agreed. It's just daft. 

 

FWIW I'd have played Katic tonight but he wouldn't have made a difference to the result. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frankie said:

Agreed. It's just daft. 

 

FWIW I'd have played Katic tonight but he wouldn't have made a difference to the result. 

I'd have played the big guy too.  In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that Katic and Edmundson are so young I would be playing them together - Helander hasn't settled yet and, to be quite honest, Goldson needs a rest IMO - he has been poor this season.

 

But it would be a very tough ask to put two young defenders like that beside each other.  If Helander had settled a bit quicker and/or better then Goldson could have been rotated out for a rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It really is quite annoying coming on here after a defeat!!, so much finger pointing and scapegoating! no perspective whatsoever, so I think I will log out for the rest of the night.

Aye its a bit annoying when people aren't constructive or fair but it's reasonable to blame Tav tonight as he was culpable. 

 

That's particularly disappointing given how good he's been for us over the piece but lately he's been well below par and that is a concern. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Again the defence was absolutely fine for the vast majority of the game. 

 

YB had a couple of half chances in the first half but that was down to poor play from us farther up the pitch. 

 

After half time they created next to nothing. Goldson, Helander and Barisic all played well but we were let down by two brain farts from Tav. 

 

Katic, Gough, or Greig wouldn't have changed that. 

 

If we want to talk negatives, then it was the use of the ball in and around the YB box that was so poor. Ojo was the worst offender but Stewart struggled too. 

 

Blaming the defence isn't a fair reflection of why we lost. 

 

I will leave it at that

 

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Agreed. It's just daft. 

 

FWIW I'd have played Katic tonight but he wouldn't have made a difference to the result. 

No idea how you can say that as if the game would have ran the exact same if  Katic played but Hey hoe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, craig said:

I'd have played the big guy too.  In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that Katic and Edmundson are so young I would be playing them together - Helander hasn't settled yet and, to be quite honest, Goldson needs a rest IMO - he has been poor this season.

 

But it would be a very tough ask to put two young defenders like that beside each other.  If Helander had settled a bit quicker and/or better then Goldson could have been rotated out for a rest.

I think we have four fine centre halves. Each has their pros and cons so the suggestion that one is somehow above the others isn't the best argument in my view. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.