Jump to content
 
 
 
 
Frankie

[FT] BSC Young Boys 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Am I the only one that thinks Hellander is a bomb scare too? Tavernier needs dropped, I said that on a post a few days ago. However, why are we playing Hellander? It’s because he cost money not because he makes us sit any easier watching it!

Other than the aimless header at the end, he had a fine game? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, craig said:

Well, you did say "pick your worst defence", did you not ?  Which means that every player in that defence is the worst in his position.

A dustbin without a lid is still a dustbin. All you need to do is put a lid on and not replace the dustbin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

Helander is no "bomb scare", nor is Goldson, Katic or Edmundson. And he sure is no scapegoat for the late goal. We defended decently enough ... and

I didn’t say he was at fault for the late goal. I said I felt he was a bit of a bomb scare? It’s just an opinion dB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Problem with that is I'd be very surprised if Feyenoord and Porto don't take six points off YB. 

Currently nothing would surprise me but if they do it simply means we have to take 3 points from one of them which I would be hoping to do against Porto at Ibrox. We're two thirds through it and they haven't shown any top seed qualities.

They scraped a narrow win at home against the apparently very poor YB and were then beaten by a team we beat and could have thrashed on another night and they appear capable of dropping more points.

To me it's still wide open and I wouldn't be surprised by more unexpected results in ties other than those involving Rangers. Perhaps YB could also take something from Feyenoord on the plastic. It's now all speculation in either direction but man what a topsy turvy group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pete said:

A dustbin without a lid is still a dustbin. All you need to do is put a lid on and not replace the dustbin.

Are you Eric Cantona ?

 

Completely irrelevant statement when you said Gerrard played our "worst" defence.  So, again, you are saying Barisic isn't the best option in his position - otherwise it cant possibly be our "worst defence".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Other than the aimless header at the end, he has a fine game? 🤔

I don’t see it Frankie, but then again we all see it differently. He makes me nervous and I don’t think he will cut it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Currently nothing would surprise me but if they do it simply means we have to take 3 points from one of them which I would be hoping to do against Porto at Ibrox. We're two thirds through it and they haven't shown any top seed qualities.

They scraped a narrow win at home against the apparently very poor YB and were then beaten by a team we beat and could have thrashed on another night and they appear capable of dropping more points.

To me it's still wide open and I wouldn't be surprised by more unexpected results in ties other than those involving Rangers. Perhaps YB could also take something from Feyenoord on the plastic. It's now all speculation in either direction but man what a topsy turvy group. 

We're only one third through it #justsaying

 

It IS wide open - but the issue is that you struggle to see where Young Boys pick up points elsewhere - that could be the only 3 points they get, which leaves us struggling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he win a defensive header apart from when no opposition players were near him?

 

Also why do we keep taking corners for Goldson to head over the bar. Surely we can think up some other options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, craig said:

Are you Eric Cantona ?

 

Completely irrelevant statement when you said Gerrard played our "worst" defence.  So, again, you are saying Barisic isn't the best option in his position - otherwise it cant possibly be our "worst defence".

Okay Craig you are right. 'Well done". What's Eric Cantona got to do with it by the way or is that relevant to something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the reason we lost it in the end was the whole team went upfield to try and score the winner and we weren't organised when they punted the ball back down the field after Goldson had headed over from an offside position. We nearly lost out minutes before when Tavernier took a booking after another "everybody up to get the winner".

We were naïve and should have seen the game out for a point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.