• Filip Helander
    • Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Glen Kamara
    • Scott Arfield
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Alfredo Morelos

Morelos and Jack again excellent but all things considered, I think Barisic was influential again last night with another (fortunate) assist and a very solid defensive display.  Use of the ball was good as well.

Jack was the only player who never made any mistakes, and was running the match up until he went off, so he gets my vote. Morelos with another one man show up front was excellent, however he actually gave the ball away too easy a lot in the match, he needs to hold the ball up more, but worked his goal well and finished it sweetly.

This poll surprised me.  I thought everyone would go for Morelos, but it just shows what we all see.  Jack was great too as usual but Morelos just bossed their defence, and his goal was a cracker.  I'm surprised that Frankie even put Tav on there, but just as well, so that Compo could register his protest vote.  There's no doubt the opposition would vote for him as their best player.  This is a test of his mental strength now, and a test of the manager's resolve.  Tav needs to be dropped, not because of last night, but because of a very poor start to the season.

22 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

This poll surprised me.  I thought everyone would go for Morelos, but it just shows what we all see.  Jack was great too as usual but Morelos just bossed their defence, and his goal was a cracker.  I'm surprised that Frankie even put Tav on there, but just as well, so that Compo could register his protest vote.  There's no doubt the opposition would vote for him as their best player.  This is a test of his mental strength now, and a test of the manager's resolve.  Tav needs to be dropped, not because of last night, but because of a very poor start to the season.

I don't think he has been playing bad enough to be dropped, he was excellent v the sheep, he is the captain and he is pivotal to the way we play.

Tav is the best RB in the league and at Rangers, we do not have any player who could come in and provide as much to the team than he does, unless SG wants to change the system?.

50 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I don't think he has been playing bad enough to be dropped, he was excellent v the sheep, he is the captain and he is pivotal to the way we play.

Tav is the best RB in the league and at Rangers, we do not have any player who could come in and provide as much to the team than he does, unless SG wants to change the system?.

It's a fair point Ian.  It just depends on how the other players will see it.  Others are dropped if they make mistakes but he isn't.  As you all know, I really like Tav but he does need some motivation or consequence, otherwise where is the incentive to improve.  Of course I'm seeing it as him lacking focus, hence the need for intervention, but if he isn't just the type of player who will make terrible mistakes now and again, and we are to accept that, then that's fine I suppose.  In a way it'll be like Morelos last season.  We need him, but just accept it'll cause us big problems every now and then.

Fine margins again in Europe. Easily could have won if it had either not been for a couple of individual lapses or bad refereeing decisions. Still, Morelos my MOTM. He’s on fire right now and he didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. No panic stations but bitterly disappointed. That’s what expectation does to you. I agree that Tav needs some time to refocus, captain or not, there needs to be consequences. I’m not sure what Katie has done to be dropped and I’m not sure what Helander has done to pinch his place. SG continues to surprise me, but got to trust him in the main.