Jump to content

 

 

Standings after today


Recommended Posts

In September, the Scum had 3 away and 1 home game, we had it the other way round. In October, the Scum were first away to inspired Livingston, we at home to essentially hopeless Accies. Even though we smashed Aberdeen and Hibs before.

 

Upcoming are ...

Celtic - Ross County

Hearts - Rangers

 

Aberdeen - Celtic

Rangers  - Motherwell

 

Celtic - St. Mirren

Rangers - Ross County

 

Celtic - Motherwell

Livingston - Rangers

 

Celtic - Livingston

Hamilton - Rangers

 

... i.e. them playing 4 times at home and once away, while we are thrice away and twice at home.

 

Yet, no matter that, we simply need to do the simple thing and beat every team in front of us, magnificently or badly. It is what they have done these last few years, without being anywhere near smashing (apart from games against us). Right now, we have the people to do it, lets just hope we revolve our team and take one step at a time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I hope we have as good a lead as possible come January to the extent that them splashing the cash would be too little to late. With a good enough lead It doesn't matter how much cash they splash because that wont help the others beat us.

 

If we had beaten them at Ibrox the lead would currently be 8 points and i'm glad the manager has pretty much taken responsibility for that due to team selection and strategy on the day. But I still trust him to get us there if anybody can.

 

Last night I got around to watching the Gerrard documentary 'make us dream' and saw another side of him. Was amused to see him cursing on a number of occasions and could see him doing that to effect in the dressing room when he's not happy at halftime.

 

This man is driven and has an implicit understanding of the yearning within a club like Rangers to get a title. He's lived that his entire career and grasps that at Rangers right now there's this extra edge to it given the situation of them going for 9. 

Didn't know Mourinho tried to sign him 3 times while at Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid. Came close to signing for Chelsea after agreeing a deal but when it came to actually signing he just couldn't do it despite the fact there was more money and the title he so craved on the table. 

While it is called a 6 point game, you do only get 3 points so the difference would be 5.;)2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete said:

While it is called a 6 point game, you do only get 3 points so the difference would be 5.;)2

No it wouldn't.

 

The current difference is 2.  Had we won that game we would have 3 points more, making it 5.  However, they would also have had 3 points less, making it 8.

 

Had we won that game we would be on 24 points and they would be on 16.  That is 8 of a difference, not the 5 you suggest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2019 at 20:40, JFK-1 said:

How many of us truly believed this would be the season we might break the Celtic title stranglehold? I thought it was a possibility but then I always think that at the outset. Celtic started the season bookies favourites by a long way and still are bookies favourites but not by a long way anymore.

 

I think they started the season around 1/8 while we were out around 5/1 or so but currently that stands at Celtic 8/11 with Rangers at 11/8 followed by Aberdeen at 250/1. Betting without Celtic Rangers 0/1 which I don't even know what that means Aberdeen 22/1

 

Sorry mate but I don’t know where you got those odds from. Rangers were round about evens with most bookies when the league started. Dunno where you got 5/1 from, was that maybe a boost on Skybet??

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 917 said:

Sorry mate but I don’t know where you got those odds from. Rangers were round about evens with most bookies when the league started. Dunno where you got 5/1 from, was that maybe a boost on Skybet??

Can't remember where I got that from but it came from memory not some link so you may be right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JFK-1 said:

Can't remember where I got that from but it came from memory not some link so you may be right. 

Ok. Good luck if you did back us at 5/1 though!

 

So far it is similar to Liverpool/Man City down south, ie the difference is we have been picking up points when we played bad, but celtic seem to drop them. I reckon they might pip us at the post this year, but we will use the disappointment to win it next year. Just a hunch..

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 917 said:

Ok. Good luck if you did back us at 5/1 though!

 

So far it is similar to Liverpool/Man City down south, ie the difference is we have been picking up points when we played bad, but celtic seem to drop them. I reckon they might pip us at the post this year, but we will use the disappointment to win it next year. Just a hunch..

As the manager himself has stated it's far too early to say which way it will go but it's definitely different from previous seasons. It was inconsistent results against lesser lights that killed it last season while this season the evidence suggests that will be less frequent. We're digging out results against the low blocks.

I think we're more of an attacking force than they are and think they're too dependent on Edouard. He has a relatively spotted injury list for such a young guy missing 2 games here and there with injuries. From season 17/18 till now he has missed 16 matches through injury while our own iron man Alfie has missed 1 game in that same period and was only out for 5 days from Nov 27th to December 2nd 2017.

And aside from the Edouard injuries he isn't all that consistent.

It might be the season when they fail more against lesser lights than we do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, der Berliner said:

In September, the Scum had 3 away and 1 home game, we had it the other way round. In October, the Scum were first away to inspired Livingston, we at home to essentially hopeless Accies. Even though we smashed Aberdeen and Hibs before.

 

Upcoming are ...

Celtic - Ross County

Hearts - Rangers

 

Aberdeen - Celtic

Rangers  - Motherwell

 

Celtic - St. Mirren

Rangers - Ross County

 

Celtic - Motherwell

Livingston - Rangers

 

Celtic - Livingston

Hamilton - Rangers

 

... i.e. them playing 4 times at home and once away, while we are thrice away and twice at home.

 

Yet, no matter that, we simply need to do the simple thing and beat every team in front of us, magnificently or badly. It is what they have done these last few years, without being anywhere near smashing (apart from games against us). Right now, we have the people to do it, lets just hope we revolve our team and take one step at a time.

Our game v Ross County is away @der Berlinerand we will have 3 away league games in a row at Ross, Livingston & Hamilton (due to our home match v St Johnstone being cancelled for the semi final) all before the next international break, so 5 league games in the next month and 4 of them are away. It’s a big ask but get 15 points out of that and we are bang in contention. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.