• Filip Helander
    • Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Glen Kamara
    • Brandon Barker
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

A number of players could get this, Morelos is just class, Jack is playing his best football of his career, Davis seems to be getting better with age, McGregor double save at the end is taken for granted by some, Kamara worked tirelessly all night, however I am going with Barisic, the huge leap in form is fantastic to witness, especially as I was his biggest critic, that cross for the goal was world class, he had another one in the 2nd half which produced a good header from Morelos forcing a good save from their keeper.

I should also mention our 2 CBs', Goldson was solid and Helander had his best match for us.

Edited by ian1964

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

A number of players could get this, Morelos is just class, Jack is playing his best football of his career, Davis seems to be getting better with age, McGregor double save at the end is taken for granted by some, Kamara worked tirelessly all night, however I am going with Barisic, the huge leap in form is fantastic to witness, especially as I was his biggest critic, that cross for the goal was world class, he had another one in the 2nd half which produced a good header from Morelos forcing a good save from their keeper.

Aye, the best part about Barisic (and Kamara to a lesser extent) is they looked a bit shaky early on with the latter a bit unsure of where he should be defensively.

However, between them they sorted it out and both went on to have excellent games.

Helander for me, an absolute rock and very composed 

His passing superb and tackles top class, can think of 3 top class last ditch tackles which saved certain Porto chances 

Borna was top class and is proving me wrong completely, Long may that continue

I said on Podcast we could get a result but gut feeling was we wouldn’t, think iirc both @Govan Rear Bear & @Frankie said we would, Colin might even have said 1-1 so well done lads 

Some of our play yesterday is as good as I’ve saw under the manager, pass and move just killed them and Ryan Jack was central to everything 

Great night for the club - well done Rangers ??

Edited by Stevie - 4lads Blog

As I said on the pod, I am confident before every match as this team are capable of playing some very good football at times and, as much as mistakes and poor results will happen, the good is outweighing the bad so that should induce confidence from the players and fans.

It's still a work in progress but we're getting there slowly but surely.

As I said in my early post there were numerous contenders for the MOTM, I thought the whole team were superb.

SG has been criticised for his team selections in a few games this season, last night him and his backroom team got it spot on, players, formation, game plan was excellent, all he would have wanted was for his players to perform and they did. He is a very proud manager today.

Its amazing that Alan Mac doesn't get a mention , it just shows how highly we rate the guy that the double save at the end is taken for granted .

He is fast over taking some absolute legends in goal as far as i'm concerned