What we gonna look like?

Following from another post, we need to sign 2 wide players and possiblily a central creative man depending on Buffels situation.

So what does that mean to the starting line up and how we going to accomodate the players we have that should be in the team?

Ferguson and Hemdani are kinda similar but both can only be in the team if we play 2 wide men rather than a creative central player.

If we are to go 4-4-2 that means we would need to look at something like this:

______________McGregor______________

Hutton_____Weir_____Ehiogu_____Smith

_____________Ferguson______________

New__________________________New__

_____________New/Buffel_____________

________Darcheville___Sebo/Boyd______

That leaves Hemdani out so does Walter look at a 4-3-3:

_____________McGregor_______________

Hutton_____Weir______Ehiogu_____Smith

____Ferguson__New/Buffel___Hemdani___

____Sebo/New___Boyd_____Darcheville___

That 4-3-3 looks quite good but doesnt have any natural width so we would be relying on Sionko, Burke and Adam to then come in and play there roles as squad players, but as soon as they come in the formation would change.

Its going to be interesting to see how we are going to line up next season.

BTW I know a few will ask why Webster isnt in the team but as far as Im aware we still havent signed him so its big Ugo for me at the moment.

Thompson a bench warmer for you?

Personally i want him to be a starter as i see alot of promise in him and think he can do well for us.

Id say yes at the moment or how else can we play him unless we go 3-5-2 / 4-5-1?

He didnt impress me that much last season and he isnt better than Hemdani or Ferguson. If all 3 play then we are in the same boat as last season unless we get 2 quality wide players to whip in crosses for a striker.

TBH I didnt see too much of him even at Hibs so I have to go with Hemdani and Ferguson ahead of him.

Hemdani would be a certain starter if i was picking the team, it would be Fergie that would have to prove his worth. I would have Thomson and Hemdani sitting a touch deeper with Fergie or Buffel being more advanced.

------------------McGregor------------

Hutten----Wier------Cuella?\Ehiogu\\Broadfoot---Papac\Smith

--------------------Hemdani---------------

------Thomson----------------------------New\Adam-----

-----------------Fergie\Buffel\Gow----------------

----------Nacho\Burke\Beasley-------------------Boyd\Darcheville-------

I have not been that positive about Beasley but i do think he is a more technical player than Nacho and possibly as fast or faster. If he will give you the same work rate as Nacho then the answer will be no. There will be games where you want a technical player and there will be games where you want Nacho running his ass off. One thing is certain i would not sell Nacho unless someone offered funny money

That's the problem Gribz. I think we have too many similar central midfield players and not enough width. WS can't play them all without skimping on the wide areas or having them play out of position.

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

New Centre Half

New Left Back / Smith (depending on fitness)

Hendami

Fergie

Thompson

Beasley

New Centre / Boyd

Darcheville

EDIT - and for me, the above has to be WORST case scenario, we need major cash and player injection this summer.

Cammy F

That's the problem Gribz. I think we have too many similar central midfield players and not enough width. WS can't play them all without skimping on the wide areas or having them play out of position.

Thats my post in a nutshell :)

I forgot to add Beasley to my post but Ive no idea where he plays or how good he is.

Pete, your team isnt back except Thomson isnt a RM / RW

Definitely 4-4-2 for me. But i'd be playing a creative type forward player up front with Boyd...one who can drop back into the midfield area if required. Something akin to Man Utd and the position Wayne Rooney/Paul Scholes occupies for them. So next season -

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

Ugo/Broadfoot/Svennson

Smith / back up LB

New RW / Burke

Ferguson

Thomson / Hemdani

New LW / Adam/ Gow

Buffel / New attacking midfielder/foward

Boyd / Darcheville

Malky

The way Hutton has been playing this year, he's practically a wing-back anyway, so the 3-5-2 immediately becomes possible. But would he and Smith give us enough of an attacking edge from the wings across a whole season?

Then I'd still have the same concerns about the middle of the park and its negative look. We badly need a box-to-box attacking midfielder, who is creative and will also weigh in with goals. Don't ask for much, do I!

The way Hutton has been playing this year, he's practically a wing-back anyway, so the 3-5-2 immediately becomes possible. But would he and Smith give us enough of an attacking edge from the wings across a whole season?

Then I'd still have the same concerns about the middle of the park and its negative look. We badly need a box-to-box attacking midfielder, who is creative and will also weigh in with goals. Don't ask for much, do I!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3-5-2 isn't an option....

Cammy F