Review of Rangers accounts 2019

46 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We do need to get regular European group football, sort out the retail side once and for all and regularly make profits on player sales in excess of £5m to allow us to break even and this is the business model that our directors have been putting in place.

I think the importance of effective player trading to our financial cannot be overstated. We need to be prepared to sign players who we know may never become first team players but who can be loaned out and will turn a profit in two or three years. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Overview

A loss of £11.3m has unsurprisingly made the front pages but are we really in such a bad shape? I’d argue that we are not for 3 main reasons:

·         The loss is funded by the directors/investors who have converted most of their loans into share capital.

·         We have no external debt

·         I will argue below that the inherent loss is well under £5m and can be contained by regular European football and the sale of players after development.

Historically, you could argue that we are today, more or less where DK was expecting back in early 2015 with perhaps, the dark shadow of SDI / Mr.MASH still being here an unexpected and costly ongoing negative.

Where the potential issue or risk is, at least for me, is the coming years if we don't stop 10IAR, a probable downsizing and all that will come with it.

We have a very important year or two ahead of us.

Edited by buster.

It seems clear to me -although I am no accountant- that Messrs King & Co are not tinkering at the margins here, but have committed, are committing, and will continue to commit serious dough to the recrudescence of Scotland's Premier Sporting Institution.

This indicates that they are in earnest, which should comfort us all. 

Great article Bluedell.

One thing that's notable is the lack of coverage that Sport Direct get for their actions. I guess club are limited in what they can say and everything else has been said over the years, but i'd still expect it to get more airing. After all this is a football club being severely held back by open and deliberate badness from SD. I know fine well why our press don't mention it but can only imagine the coverage it would get if celtic were being disadvantaged.

Another thought is on the investment and energy from the board in rebuilding the club. It's hypothetical but cant help think there must have been a different and easier way 8 years ago. Doesnt matter know of course. Maybe no-one else had a chance, and maybe the club and support are better and stronger for this anyway. 

20 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Cash

I was initially surprised that the level of cash was only at £1m, but we have £14.7m of debtors which is season ticket cash which is in respect of season tickets that are paid by supporters using deferred payment plans or credit cards so that will be converted into cash.

The credit card companies are passing on the cash over the course of a season to limit their risk. This isn’t an issue as it’s only a short term cashflow problem and it hasn’t prevented us from spending £10m on Kent and Helander after the financial year-end.

However I may consider paying my season ticket by debit card rather than credit card in the future to allow the club to get the cash quicker.

I didn't t know that paying by credit card resulted in the club getting the money over a period.