The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

If this is a loan to buy then it appears to be outstanding business on the face of it. Something isn't adding up though. He seems to be very highly rated, but if he's so good why are Genk letting him go after signing him 6 months ago for a reported £7m? It's not Man City it's a team who are 6th in the Belgian league (20 points off 1st). If we have an option to buy we must be talking big money. I don't understand this one. But I can't wait to see him in a Rangers shirt.

By the way I found a BBC article on him that said this,

BBC Sport's Steve Crossman: "He is a maverick player, he is an Antonio Cassano, he is a Paul Gascoigne sort of player. There are fewer and fewer of these types of players around these days.

"He had a spell at Fiorentina which didn't work out, it was too soon for him. But my goodness that kid has talent. He is so two footed he takes inswinging corners from either side, he has scored direct from a corner more than once.

"He scored a brilliant free-kick in the week. He might have to leave his dad's team at one point, he's one to watch in the coming years."

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

If this is a loan to buy then it appears to be outstanding business on the face of it. Something isn't adding up though. He seems to be very highly rated, but if he's so good why are Genk letting him go after signing him 6 months ago for a reported £7m? It's not Man City it's a team who are 6th in the Belgian league (20 points off 1st). If we have an option to buy we must be talking big money. I don't understand this one. But I can't wait to see him in a Rangers shirt.

Apparently we can get him for £4m in the summer.

Not every transfer works out at some clubs.  There's not always an obvious reason, sometimes they just work out, sometimes not.  Let's hope this does!

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

By the way I found a BBC article on him that said this,

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Just now, Frankie said:

Not every transfer works out at some clubs.  There's not always an obvious reason, sometimes they just work out, sometimes not.  Let's hope this does!

Was thinking the same.

7 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Daniel sturridge might be a good option 

We'd be signing him to keep Defoe company on the treatment table. 

That would be bad business. 

Outstanding player in his pomp, but too injury prone, for us. 

Is he a "Wunderkind";

or is that status reserved for all the young duds at Piggery Place?

Let's hope that he is more Mark, son of Tony, than Tom, son of Mark. 

Still, the fhilth are spewing already, and that's what I call a start.

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

If so that seems like excellent business. Especially in this climate when we would demand £4m for bit part players. I saw an interesting comment on FF pointing out that Genk have a bit of a fire sale going at the moment with 4 players now on the way out for big money. It makes a bit more sense if they are raising loads of cash for something. But on the face of it you'd have said he's only been with them 6 months and has big potential so why would you flog him to the first buyer.

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

sometimes things don't work out for certain players in a certain countries.  Look at Sadiq who is not linked with £10 mill pound moves :D