[FT] Feyenoord 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 53, 66)

27 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Surely asking them to refrain from using 2 specific words for the 2-2.5 hours that they are in the stadium isn't too much to ask?

Actually, it seems that it is.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the Club was 'done' for supporters singing TBB outside a ground in Europe, well outside, possibly, some years ago. FARE's delegate reported it to UEFA.

36 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Surely asking them to refrain from using 2 specific words for the 2-2.5 hours that they are in the stadium isn't too much to ask?

You would hope so but I suspect two days in 'coffee' shops and pubs resulted in the daft behaviour.  Sense and reason tend to vanish in these scenarios. 

Edited by Gonzo79

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You would hope so but I suspect two days in 'coffee' shops and pubs resulted in the daft behaviour.  Sense and reason tend to vanish in these scenarios. 

Getting oneself stupefied with drink and/or drugs is no excuse; nor does it mitigate. 

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I agree but we all know it's likely to happen from time to time.

I know. I have been that soldier.

I don't think that UEFA is obliged to offer such understanding when considering any reports of 'discrimnatory' chanting, etc. 

Given that Club and supporters have been well telt, already, it may look upon continuing infractions of its code as akin to contempt of court, and punish accordingly. 

21 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I was talking about ******, I don’t know whether it was sung last night or not though, just what I’m reading.

What is said on football forums is often incorrect.  This was a good example of that.

If you've ever heard Sweet Caroline at a Rangers supporters function or on a supporters bus, you'll know the add-on had nothing to do with the F word.

I really wish Rangers supporters would realise certain words and songs will harm the club and box clever.  This isn't going to go away and needs to be cut out at European matches.

Something came to mind regarding the possibility of a stadium closure for YB. Since entrance to the game was part of a package deal for the three home matches i'm wondering if there might be some sort of partial refund.