Naismith ( Not Intrested If I'm Sitting On The Bench )

Naismith warned potential suitors he does not want to warm the bench

Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith says he would prefer to stay at Rugby Park than sit on the bench at one of the Old Firm clubs.

The 20-year-old has been linked with Celtic and Rangers, with the Ibrox club having a �£400,000 offer rejected.

"I don't want to go to a team where I'm not going to play every week," the SPFA Young Player of the Year said.

"It would be a step back if I was to go to a team where I would be sitting on the bench or not even involved."

Naismith scored 19 goals for the Rugby Park outfit last season and is in no rush to leave the Ayrshire club.

"I believe in my ability and, no matter what the team, if I go there, I'm thinking that I'll be able to play every week," he said.

If I'm good enough in training, I would expect to be playing every week .

"I'm not going to sit here and say 'I want to move to Rangers' or 'I want to move to Celtic' because that's not the case.

"The move needs to be right for me and everybody around me."

Naismith said, if the club accepted an offer for him, he would prefer any deal to be concluded before he returns for pre-season training.

The striker spent a couple of days on trial at English Premier League outfit Arsenal last season and he would not rule out a move to England.

"I'm quite a homely guy and, to be honest, I don't think the time is right," said Naismith.

Well that is English Clubs out of equation as he wants to stay in Scotland and i would say Celtic are out as well considering how many players they have got. So really it must be us and Hearts if there still intrested

Guest RFC1873

Fair play to the wee chap!

Wants to play football; it's easy enough to sign for a bigger club and collect the dough.

*Tip my hat* to the wee guy!

Well lets just say hes giving major hints as to what club he wants to join. Upto David Murray and Martin Bain to supply Walter with the funds to sign him now, something which may be dependent on couple of the current squad being shipped out. Personally I'd be seeing if Killie were interested in Nacho Novo as a makeweight.

Malky

I read the interview with him in the Sunday Mail last weekend and he also seems to have his feet on the ground.

Speaks intelligently, seems to be in the real world (as opposed to some of these footballing muppets whose head is firmly up their own arse) and wants the simple things, like actually playing football.

Man, we really could be doing with someone like this - someone who WANTS to play as opposed to some of the mercenaries we have who are happy at just picking up a HUGE wage and doing SFA to earn it !

The striker spent a couple of days on trial at English Premier League outfit Arsenal last season and he would not rule out a move to England.

"I'm quite a homely guy and, to be honest, I don't think the time is right," said Naismith.

:confused:

He wont rule out a move to England, despite the fact that he does in the followig line.

This is why you can't trust the papers. Make it up as they go along.

:confused:

He wont rule out a move to England, despite the fact that he does in the followig line.

This is why you can't trust the papers. Make it up as they go along.

Think he said this last summer mate, this quote isnt from the interview yesterday

I think he is trying to keep the Killie fans on his side TBH just incase he doesnt move.

Quite sensible really. The more I read about this guy the more I think he could be a great Rangers player. Another season as Killie's first choice striker would not be a bad thing IMO.