Jump to content

 

 

[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic


Recommended Posts

It shows how far Barasic has turned it around this season when we are all desperate for him to play. We definitely missed him last night especially in an attacking sense.

 

Have to say I wasn't confident about this game before last night and obviously the collapse from two up has done little to encourage me.

 

On the other hand the other mob are not great and if we score first I think we'll have a chance

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not many weeks ago that no one wanted Barisic anywhere near a Rangers team and we didn't only start winning games when he got his place back. He's been doing really well lately but let's not lose all sense of proportion. Gerrard will probably play Flanagan on Sunday and he may well do OK. We didn't lose yesterday just because Flanagan was in our defence. Flanagan had a poor game but he wasn't responsible for Tavernier, Goldson and Helander playing like cub scouts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Being one footed does not mean your a bad player everyone's having a go at Flanagan because he had a ninety minutes he would rather forget but his team mates had long enough to get the result .

 This bloke did very well with his one good foot

 

Untitled design (1).png.gallery.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rousseau changed the title to League Cup Final: Rangers v Celtic - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
12 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

It shows how far Barasic has turned it around this season when we are all desperate for him to play. We definitely missed him last night especially in an attacking sense.

 

Have to say I wasn't confident about this game before last night and obviously the collapse from two up has done little to encourage me.

 

On the other hand the other mob are not great and if we score first I think we'll have a chance

The flip side to the consistency of Barasic is that up until Wednesday, Flanagan hadn´t played a real competitive match for months and it showed. Against Celtic in early September. Flanagan at left-back meant that our attacking balance suffered and we couldn´t exploit the space that Celtic deliberately left down our left. To be fair to JF, it has to be said that he defended well that day and Forrest didn´t get a look in.

 

Ryan Kent joined just after the Celtic match and he certainly provides a threat on the left but he needs a supporting full-back on his outside. One who can cross a ball with his left foot (beats me why a professional can´t add this to his game).

 

I´d guess that Barasic will take the pain-killing injection if that means he can start. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, compo said:

 Being one footed does not mean your a bad player everyone's having a go at Flanagan because he had a ninety minutes he would rather forget but his team mates had long enough to get the result .

 This bloke did very well with his one good foot

 

Untitled design (1).png.gallery.jpg

Are they available for Sunday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, buster. said:

I´d guess that Barasic will take the pain-killing injection if that means he can start. 

I'd guess he will play, the old saying about playing through the pain barrier is true, a pain killing injection is very common.

 

If Barisic can't play then Halliday would be a far better option than Flannagan, at least Halliday will get forward and can cross a decent ball with his left peg.

 

Still think Barisic will make it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, compo said:

 Being one footed does not mean your a bad player everyone's having a go at Flanagan because he had a ninety minutes he would rather forget but his team mates had long enough to get the result .

 This bloke did very well with his one good foot

 

Untitled design (1).png.gallery.jpg

Agree being one footed does not make you a bad player but combined with other deficiencies e.g. lack of talent does not help.

Your picture of my all time hero shows a man who had talent,similarly Davy Cooper.

My criticism of Flanagan is not based on one game but his overall play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.