Jump to content

 

 

The latest Chinese virus


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, compo said:

i have to go for a flu jag

My wife,who is on tablets for life due to bronchitis,was to go on 4th October got a letter cancelling so phoned up and was given an appointment on that same day Got the jab and today received a letter for a re-scheduled appointment.

Mines is tomorrow but like you our dates were two weeks apart from each other total shambles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

My wife,who is on tablets for life due to bronchitis,was to go on 4th October got a letter cancelling so phoned up and was given an appointment on that same day Got the jab and today received a letter for a re-scheduled appointment.

Mines is tomorrow but like you our dates were two weeks apart from each other total shambles.

The flu jab is a bit of a shambles every year if we're honest but this has been a masterclass in NHS fuckwittery. I tried (really tried) for three weeks in September to find out what the plans would be, when we might hear, etc and got nowhere. There seemed to be no way to access any information. So I gave up and arranged to pay £12.99 and got it privately the next day. Last week I received a letter informing me I had a flu jab appointment 3 days before the letter arrived, which took as confirmation that I'd made a good decision to go private. I shouldn't have had to pay for something I was entitled to for free but bitter experience tells me you look after your own interests where the NHS is concerned. Far too much falls through the cracks and far too many end up suffering for their blind faith in the marketing hype about the wonderful NHS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The flu jab is a bit of a shambles every year if we're honest but this has been a masterclass in NHS fuckwittery. I tried (really tried) for three weeks in September to find out what the plans would be, when we might hear, etc and got nowhere. There seemed to be no way to access any information. So I gave up and arranged to pay £12.99 and got it privately the next day. Last week I received a letter informing me I had a flu jab appointment 3 days before the letter arrived, which took as confirmation that I'd made a good decision to go private. I shouldn't have had to pay for something I was entitled to for free but bitter experience tells me you look after your own interests where the NHS is concerned. Far too much falls through the cracks and far too many end up suffering for their blind faith in the marketing hype about the wonderful NHS.

The right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hands doing , I have just got a letter to see a cardiologist only trouble is the appointment was for a fortnight ago .

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, compo said:

The right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hands doing , I have just got a letter to see a cardiologist only trouble is the appointment was for a fortnight ago .

Yes, that seems to sum up the outfit they stood outside and applauded. God forbid any of us should need urgent help during the next few years. You'd be as well throwing dice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.