The latest Chinese virus

I see they are saying the death rate for people in their late seventies and over is 15% I think I will be forgoing my usual Friday Chinese will have to settle for a special fish supper with a pickled onion. 

44 minutes ago, compo said:

I see they are saying the death rate for people in their late seventies and over is 15% I think I will be forgoing my usual Friday Chinese will have to settle for a special fish supper with a pickled onion. 

I believe it's official that no one has so far contracted this virus from a fish supper ... or a pickled onion.

Personally I've been placing my faith in Extinction Rebellion to save the planet from this viral emergency but I've just remembered they don't do Chinese threats.

49 minutes ago, compo said:

BTW that's still an 85% chance of sailing through it.

On 18/02/2020 at 15:34, compo said:

That's the death rate in China, i'd expect and hope that the West would be much lower..... btw, what's a special fish supper? 

35 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

That's the death rate in China, i'd expect and hope that the West would be much lower..... btw, what's a special fish supper? 

Haddock or cod dipped in batter then breadcrumbs before frying 

There must be something about this that goes beyond the threat of a flu virus. They don't cancel football matches due to the threat of flu.

Coronavirus: Inter Milan v Sampdoria among Serie A games postponed

Inter Milan's game against Sampdoria is among three Serie A fixtures that have been postponed over fears of the spread of coronavirus.

The suspension was announced by Italian prime minister Giuseppe Conte at a news conference on Saturday.

"Minister of Sport [Vincenzo] Spadafora intends to suspend all sporting events planned for Sunday in the Veneto and Lombardy regions," Conte said.

The suspension also includes Verona v Cagliari and Atalanta v Sassuolo.

Inter Milan confirmed on Twitter the postponement of Sunday's game at the San Siro.

Earlier on Saturday, a number of other football matches had been postponed.

The action was taken as a woman from the northern region of Lombardy became the second person in Italy to die from the virus in 24 hours.

Cremonese's Serie B match against Ascoli and Piacenza v Sambenedettese in Serie C were among those fixtures postponed.

Serie D matches and a number of amateur and youth games in the Lombardy and Veneto regions were also called off.

Several towns in the Lombardy region have been placed on lockdown, with schools and offices closed and residents urged to stay away from accident and emergency departments.

The new virus, which originated last year in the Hubei province in China, causes a respiratory disease called Covid-19.

China has reported 75,567 cases of the virus, including 2,239 deaths.

Outside China, more than 1,200 cases of the virus have been confirmed in 26 countries and there have been at least eight deaths, according to the World Health Organization.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51599748

According to the Scotsman an outbreak to be "expected" in Scotland

Scots are being warned to brace themselves for an “expected” outbreak of deadly coronavirus as the disease continues to spread across the globe.

The warning comes after Scotland’s chief medical officer cautioned that major sporting events, rock concerts and other large public gatherings could be banned across the nation in a bid to contain the virus, known as Covid-19.