Never Been More Proud to be British

“Proud to be British”. How many times have you heard that, maybe said it yourself? Hopefully in these circles it’s something almost all of us have said at one time or another. But today I can truly say I’ve never felt more proud to be British, never held my own country in higher esteem. Proud of my country and its long history of course but especially proud of the ordinary Brits who took on the elite establishment, saw through their contrived threats and bullshit and took back control of our affairs from an unelected foreign agency sitting in lordship in another country. Britons the length and breadth of the land who broke the status quo in the face of enormous odds and opposed by huge resources. Britons who in the end had to oust their own elected parliament and assert their democratic will. If you’re not proud of this remarkable and historic achievement, that each one of us contributed to, then frankly you don’t deserve to part of this great nation. Loads of challenges lie ahead but with British hearts I think the future will prove how timely and wise a decision Brexit has been.

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

“Proud to be British”. How many times have you heard that, maybe said it yourself? 

Mmm...let me think? How's about never

You've never heard anyone say that ?  I am very surprised.

Certainly Brexit has really hammered away at my sense of Britishness, so I can't share the OP's views today.  The spectacle of Farage and his UKIP chums in the parliament the other day was depressing and angering.

8 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Certainly Brexit has really hammered away at my sense of Britishness, so I can't share the OP's views today.  The spectacle of Farage and his UKIP chums in the parliament the other day was depressing and angering.

Really, more depressing than those so called Liberals in their "bollox to Brexit" tee shirts?  

Then again, the left have always been queasy about Britishness and people's right to express it. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

“Proud to be British”. How many times have you heard that, maybe said it yourself? 

Mmm...let me think? How's about never

Go and look at any war memorial and all  the names of the brave who died so that we could rid Europe of the hun  .

Then say your not proud to stand under the flag of the union .

Edited by compo
1 minute ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Really, more depressing than those so called Liberals in their "bollox to Brexit" tee shirts?  

Then again, the left have always been queasy about Britishness and people's right to express it. 

I have no issue with anyone expressing their Britishness, but the spectacle in the parliament was unedifying and embarrassing.   As for the bollox to Brexit t-shirts, so what?  They're entitle to their view too.